Notices

Water crossover orings

Search this Thread

Old 18 November 2014, 04:03 PM
Neiljones85
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Water crossover orings

Hi I've just changed the orings in my v2 sti on the crossover pipe as it seemed to be leaking bad onto the top of the block after any driving under pressure I've bolted it all back down but still seem to have the same problem happening is there a chance that the oring hasn't seated properly or would it be the pipe to the throttle body possibly ? (I didn't check this pipe while manifold was off my error ) It's pooling around the left hand side around the temp sensor etc it's not leaking from sensor but seems more around the oring if a bit of sealant got onto the oring could this have caused it not to seal properly ? If I run the car on idle all the heaters work fine but once you drive it the heaters go cold and a massive pool comes on top of the block I honestly think the gasket hasn't seated right but need some more guidance as this is the first time I have had this issue please help lol
Old 18 November 2014, 08:14 PM
Neiljones85
Scooby Newbie

Anyone ?
Old 18 November 2014, 09:37 PM
merlin24
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Did you check the metal pipe( goes to the header tank ) running across and bolted to the Coolant cross over pipe ? They often corrode.

Mick
Old 18 November 2014, 10:27 PM
Neiljones85
Scooby Newbie

Hi there no I didn't check that pipe as it was a solid one I thought it would leak regardless of pressure etc this only happens if you drive the car and put the whole system under pressure by boosting or driving the car for 5-10 minutes as I say from cold on idle there is no leak and the heaters blow warm/hot but as soon as you drive it and go to slow down the heaters go cold and the coolant dumps on top of the block around driver side oring / throttle body water pipe but as I'm going to have to remove manifold again I will check it do you know the part number or where I can source one ? Just incase ? thanks for your input it's appreciated