Notices

Suspension subframe washers - where do they go?

Search this Thread

Old 12 November 2014, 11:56 AM
scoobyster
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Suspension subframe washers - where do they go?

Hi All,

I've been refurbishing my classic wagon's suspension and getting the subframes powder coated, rebushing, etc. I'm now reassembling and wishing I'd taken a few more photos and done better labelling on disassembly!

I've got these washers 'spare' and can't remember where they come from. There are two pairs of rubber washers with teeth/indentations, similar to those which are used where the T-shaped diff hanger locates to the sills. One of the pairs has indentations in the hole as if to time the position or suit some sort of custom fastener. There are also some metal domed washers that I think are related to one or other of the rubber washers. All are around 50mm/2" outside diameter.

Anyone recognise these and able to give me a pointer as to where they should fit?

Cheers
Old 12 November 2014, 12:38 PM
pagey73
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Front lower arm rear bush. Have you fitted an anti lift kit leaving these surplus to requirements .
Old 12 November 2014, 06:20 PM
FMJ
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

As above its the large rear bush on the front wishbone. In order of first bit to slide onto the wishbone it goes, rubber washer with teeth towards wishbone, bush, rubber washer with teeth away from wishbone, metal dome washer with indent in center, nut sat in indent. Unless you have gone ALK.