Notices

Bonnet scoop and roof scoop

Search this Thread

Old 27 August 2014, 02:44 AM
Nibaru
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bonnet scoop and roof scoop

I have bought a my car and need some advice.

The bonnet scoop is huge and I was wondering if I were to change it for a smaller one ( not so bulky )will affect the performance of the car and the remap which has been done ?
I am believe it or not trying to tone it down a bit to try and get the wife to speak to me again. Got the car at 1pm on Monday and we are now going into Wednesday without a word being spoken.

It has a roof scoop as well I think it looks kak so was wondering if anyone had ever remove one or put one on. I don't even know how it is secured to the roof my guess is bolts somewhere.

The rear spoiler has to go too. Its huge in her eyes so I need one in mica blue which is smaller.

There is full red Sti suspension all round and hard as hell, can this be softened for a smoother ride ?
I am a bit long in the tooth to be doing the racing game so handling is not the first thing on my mind.

1st ever Scoobie and should have bought a push bike lol ha ha ha

Thanks
Old 27 August 2014, 06:47 AM
wrxyz
Scooby Regular

Well......

You can swap the STi bonnet scoop for the original WRX one, the WRX ones are pennies, the larger one you have should sell for at least £50 even if its fake.
Take off the rear spoiler, it does precious little in terms of downforce anyway, either leave the boot spoilerless and fill the holes or sell the spoiler for £100+ and buy a second hand WRX spoiler again pennies.
If you are finding the STi suspension 'hard as hell' you have bought the wrong car..
The only way of softening the ride as you put it - without making the car worthless - would be to put on the stock WRX suspension - go for second hand, no one wants used WRX stuff so it would be cheap and being used - nice and soft.
With the profit you can buy the wife a prezzie
Old 27 August 2014, 07:15 AM
Nibaru
Scooby Regular

Thanks for the advice, I will do as you say. I was worried about the bonnet scoop affecting the cooling of the engine it being re mapped and all that.
Old 27 August 2014, 07:29 AM
wrxyz
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Nibaru
Thanks for the advice, I will do as you say. I was worried about the bonnet scoop affecting the cooling of the engine it being re mapped and all that.
Assuming its not mapped to more than 300-330ish it wont matter, the bonnet scoop is to cool the intercooler not the engine cooling. As far as I am aware the above figure will be perfectly safe on a WRX scoop.

If the roof scoop is a real through the roof one you cant change it without a lot of bodywork.
If its a stick on one; unstick it.

Last edited by wrxyz; 27 August 2014 at 07:31 AM.
Old 27 August 2014, 07:39 AM
Athame1
Scooby Regular

Or leave it as it is and enjoy the silence
Old 27 August 2014, 08:33 AM
neil-h
Scooby Regular

The bonnet scoop is huge and I was wondering if I were to change it for a smaller one ( not so bulky )will affect the performance of the car and the remap which has been done ?
I am believe it or not trying to tone it down a bit to try and get the wife to speak to me again. Got the car at 1pm on Monday and we are now going into Wednesday without a word being spoken.

It has a roof scoop as well I think it looks kak so was wondering if anyone had ever remove one or put one on. I don't even know how it is secured to the roof my guess is bolts somewhere.

The rear spoiler has to go too. Its huge in her eyes so I need one in mica blue which is smaller.

There is full red Sti suspension all round and hard as hell, can this be softened for a smoother ride ?
I am a bit long in the tooth to be doing the racing game so handling is not the first thing on my mind.

Thanks
So thats the: roof scoop, bonnet scoop, rear wing and suspension that all want changing. Don't take this the wrong way but would it not have been easier to buy a car you liked in the first place? Tbh it sounds like you liked the idea of owning an Impreza but not so much the reality of it.
Old 27 August 2014, 09:15 AM
MATT93
Scooby Regular

Thanks

Why on earth did you buy it, just pulling all of the awesome features off...
Old 27 August 2014, 10:38 AM
Nibaru
Scooby Regular

I would be changing nothing but my wife has other ideas on how a 4 door car looks and sounds.
I think I could get to enjoy it. Maybe a change of wife !!!!!!!!!! Lol
Old 27 August 2014, 10:57 AM
Athame1
Scooby Regular

Lol in that case
The parts can not be changed.it will make it unsafe and impossible to insure
Old 27 August 2014, 11:09 AM
fat-thomas
BANNED

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

umm I we wouldn't change scoop as it does have an effect on cooling the I.c. at speed.
Old 27 August 2014, 11:17 AM
ditchmyster
Scooby Regular

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Take you mrs for a spin down some forest roads, pull over in a lay bay and do her on the bonnet, she'll love it after that.
Old 27 August 2014, 11:39 AM
Nibaru
Scooby Regular

Ha ha ha, potty the bonnet scoop wold get in the way lol, that and the fact she won't get into the bloody thing means that won't be happening.

Lol
Old 27 August 2014, 11:51 AM
neil-h
Scooby Regular

Ha ha ha, potty the bonnet scoop wold get in the way lol, that and the fact she won't get into the bloody thing means that won't be happening.

Lol
It's a multi use item, doubles up as an arm rest. Just make sure she's on the drivers side, the turbo leaves a nice warm patch on the bonnet.
Old 27 August 2014, 04:03 PM
kevo10
Scooby Regular

Wink

Originally Posted by ditchmyster
Take you mrs for a spin down some forest roads, pull over in a lay bay and do her on the bonnet, she'll love it after that.
:
Old 28 August 2014, 12:09 AM
MATT93
Scooby Regular

I wouldn't change anything, I would buy a little run about to keep her happy.
Keep Scooby looking the same aesthetics wise & as a weekend car win win.
Old 28 August 2014, 12:43 AM
XDevil666
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by wrxyz
Well......

You can swap the STi bonnet scoop for the original WRX one, the WRX ones are pennies, the larger one you have should sell for at least £50 even if its fake.
Take off the rear spoiler, it does precious little in terms of downforce anyway, either leave the boot spoilerless and fill the holes or sell the spoiler for £100+ and buy a second hand WRX spoiler again pennies.
If you are finding the STi suspension 'hard as hell' you have bought the wrong car..
The only way of softening the ride as you put it - without making the car worthless - would be to put on the stock WRX suspension - go for second hand, no one wants used WRX stuff so it would be cheap and being used - nice and soft.
With the profit you can buy the wife a prezzie
New age Spoiler for £100! Dam tell me where from and I will take them all

You prob could get £250 - £300 for that spoiler not sure of the demand on that colour though

Lol nightmare of a situation