Manifold heatsheild u/s and centre pipe

Search this Thread

Old 16 July 2014, 11:14 PM
skypeller
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Manifold heatsheild u/s and centre pipe

Hi people

Got a 2000 turbo 1999/v in mica blue saturday and im doing the cambelt kit from importcar parts (dayco inc w/pump £207)
Decided as its a 2nd car/toy that i would put it on my drive up diy ramps on the driveway and take my time.
Upon stripping and generally starting to check it over whilst making steady progress, i noticed my radiator was rotten across the bottom bracket so ive binned that and ordered a new begger from eurocarparts for £57 delivered ��
While i was online i also ordered two new rad hoses (top & bottom) from impcarprts-uk
Now while i was under the car i found the front heat sheild surrounding the manifold to be rusted half away and insecure ....
Would heat wrap be a good replacement for this or are they usually in stock at subaru dealers still? Just want to repair it or replace it as its only an inch or 2 from the oil filter!!!!! ��and i dont like the idea of heat soaking into my oil filter

Also i have a p1 sti backbox... Do the classic turbo uk's have one cat on downpipe and one cat in the pipe before the backbox i cant remember? Anybody got a diag for the 2000 turb uk?
Also would putting a centre decat pipe in send any lignts on the dash or cause any issues?

Last edited by skypeller; 16 July 2014 at 11:16 PM.
Old 17 July 2014, 12:41 PM
FMJ
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by skypeller
Hi people

Got a 2000 turbo 1999/v in mica blue saturday and im doing the cambelt kit from importcar parts (dayco inc w/pump £207)
Decided as its a 2nd car/toy that i would put it on my drive up diy ramps on the driveway and take my time.
Upon stripping and generally starting to check it over whilst making steady progress, i noticed my radiator was rotten across the bottom bracket so ive binned that and ordered a new begger from eurocarparts for £57 delivered ��
While i was online i also ordered two new rad hoses (top & bottom) from impcarprts-uk
Now while i was under the car i found the front heat sheild surrounding the manifold to be rusted half away and insecure ....
Would heat wrap be a good replacement for this or are they usually in stock at subaru dealers still? Just want to repair it or replace it as its only an inch or 2 from the oil filter!!!!! ��and i dont like the idea of heat soaking into my oil filter

Also i have a p1 sti backbox... Do the classic turbo uk's have one cat on downpipe and one cat in the pipe before the backbox i cant remember? Anybody got a diag for the 2000 turb uk?
Also would putting a centre decat pipe in send any lignts on the dash or cause any issues?
I binned all the heat shields and some were a bitch to get off despite the rust. All the bolts were rusted away so had to cut it off... Once off just wrap it.

There is a cat in the down pipe and a cat in the center. Removing the center one should be ok... but don't quote me on it. Unless its got a PPP in which case I think the center was decated?
Old 17 July 2014, 01:50 PM
*matthewturb2000*
Scooby Regular

Yea I got a smashed ppp 1999 center decat, selling the sp ecu if interested mate
Old 17 July 2014, 01:54 PM
skypeller
Scooby Newbie

What is the sp ecu? Ppp ecu?
Plug straight in does it ? What sort of bhp does that usually push out? Centre pipe good too?
Old 17 July 2014, 01:57 PM
skypeller
Scooby Newbie

Also how much £?
Old 17 July 2014, 02:21 PM
*matthewturb2000*
Scooby Regular

Yea the 1999 and 2000 prodrive ecu(sti sp) have a bit of research mate, I belive it ups it to 250 Ish of each with the silicon y pipe and decat,have a look on ebay and make me a offer mate