Notices

No Boost Issues

Search this Thread

Old 24 May 2014, 10:01 AM
choness2004
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No Boost Issues

So the Subaru feels awful! If I accelerate from standstill, it judders through boost, if I floor it it's even worse. If I try to accelerate while cruising, it bogs down and offers me no boost, if I lift off, let it dump and then put my foot back down it's a little better but not great.

I really don't know what it could be, I've been recommended that it could be a sticky wastegate, or the boost solenoid but I'm not sure. I was told it could be a boost leak but some of the symptoms don't quite add up.

The car currently has a front mount and cone filter, but that's it, it also has a decat downpipe that will go back on soon, and I'll be checking to see if it's mapped this afternoon.

Any recommendations as to what it would be would be great, I'll get a video to help show what I mean.
Old 24 May 2014, 10:16 AM
JGlanzaV
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds like a boost solenoid, other people run some brake cleaner through it to clean it, im not sure that is what i would use though
Old 24 May 2014, 10:18 AM
bengo
Scooby Regular

What year car have you got?

Have you got any check engine lights on? I would check the pipe work between the boost solenoid, turbo housing and actuator first
Old 24 May 2014, 11:57 AM
choness2004
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by JGlanzaV
Sounds like a boost solenoid, other people run some brake cleaner through it to clean it, im not sure that is what i would use though
I think I may have a spare one so I'll change it and see if that does anything.

Originally Posted by bengo
What year car have you got?

Have you got any check engine lights on? I would check the pipe work between the boost solenoid, turbo housing and actuator first
It's a 1997 Turbo 2000.

No engine lights on at the minute. I unplugged the MAF and in the lower rev range it was better, until the revs came up for the turbo and it was 100x worse, could this be the issue?
Old 13 June 2014, 12:04 AM
quattroowner
Scooby Regular

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Got a very similar Problem with mine at the moment,

Got a error Code for the Throttle position sensor but i dont know how to reset it or sort it out :/
Old 12 July 2014, 02:09 PM
choness2004
Scooby Regular

A update on this, I've replaced the MAF, boost solenoid, knock sensor and a few other bits. The car feels loads better and my check engine light has gone out, however it still will not rev past 4/5000rpm before juddering, almost as if its hitting a reline.

I know I need to replace my Idle Control Valve as I have to adjust it from when its cold and when its warm otherwise it will cut out and overfuel, could this be my issue?

I've spoken to someone who has told me that because i have a 3.5" downpipe and it hasn't been mapped that this is my issue, and if I put the standard downpipe back on it will solve this issue, could anyone confirm?

Thanks
Old 14 July 2014, 09:51 AM
ScottyPPP
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sounds like it's in limp mode. Try an ECU reset.