Notices

Decoding the Vin plate

Search this Thread

Old 04 May 2014, 03:40 AM
O2C-WRX-04
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Decoding the Vin plate

Only a quick one, dont suppose someone would be able to decode my vin please as I`d like to know more about my pride and joy its only a wrx in know and not the more favoured sti model. Its had a couple of owners who may of changed styling parts but I does look standard to me but I`m no expert

JF1GDAKD34G9 minus the last 5 numbers

I know she was first registered by a main subaru dealer called Kattamis ltd,Cyprus 2004

Cheers

Dan

Last edited by O2C-WRX-04; 04 May 2014 at 03:44 AM.
Old 04 May 2014, 05:27 PM
albob
Scooby Regular

Received 51 Likes on 40 Posts

http://myvindecoder.com/subaru-vin-decoder/
Old 22 October 2014, 07:11 PM
O2C-WRX-04
Scooby Regular

Forgive me for reviving my old thread but I`ve posted a thread as my turbo needs replacing and I`m finding it hard to locate my one. Without paying someone to take my turbo off to get part number for a direct replacement as the stamped ID on the turbo is virtually under the inlet in and has a gap of no more than 10 or 12mm not even enough room to see with the wife`s make up mirror (not mine), On speaking to a main subaru dealer they gave me the part number but I cannot find it at all anywhere. So I thought I`d check my vin in the checker again and below is what it gave me back can someone in the know explain the below chart to me i.e was my car made for the uk or japan market or maybe somewhere else. I dont know if this is true but I read somewhere there might be japanese market cars making there way to the european market from new(as I write it sounds wrong as it would just be an normal import but I`m going to ask anyway) Local parts suppliers have quoted my 3 to 4 months delivery or they just said they cannot supply this turbo

Details of your Subaru VIN decoding:
VIN Section :...........................Your VIN........................VIN decodedWord
Manufacturer Identifier :...............JF1............................... ......Japan
Word Manufacturer Identifier :.......JF1......................................U SA
Check Digit :.................................3............... ...............Check digit unverified. See
.................................................. ......................................Explanation.
Model Year:..................................4.......... ..............................2004
Plant Code:..................................G.......... ..............................Japan

The digit 3 as says unverified and checked on my vin and log book and yep its certainly a 3 but what does this mean?

Last edited by O2C-WRX-04; 22 October 2014 at 07:19 PM.
Old 24 October 2014, 06:05 PM
O2C-WRX-04
Scooby Regular

Right spoke another subaru dealer and yes my scoob is an import but a cypriot import then imported to uk so they classed it as a parallel import. So has alloy front wishbones and alloy body panels around and square boot lock surround but doesnt come under sealed which has been done when arrived in to blighty, has no side air bags and no alarm system which must of been installed when arrived in the uk as has a subaru sigma alarm plus there probably a few other differences but it cleared that up