Notices

New modded car no remap

Search this Thread

Old 18 April 2014, 11:19 AM
esxboy1
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New modded car no remap

Hi guys last week I purchased my first blobeye now I've been looking over the car as you do . I've noticed the car does not boost much over 7 psi on the gauge . So been fetling about under the bonnet and found a few issues . Firstly I noticed it's got full 3" decat turbo back exhaust , equal length headers with uppipe combined and cone filter & sti intercooler. From my previous scoobys I no this is risky with out some sort of remap, over boosting etc, since it's not over boosting I looked a bit deeper and realised the vacuum pipes from the boost solanoid have been cut n left hanging and the turbo has been plumbed straight into the actuator. I'm assuming a previous owner did this to just run actuator pressure illuminating over boost and cutting out the Ecu's control over the whole situation.
Now would it be as simple as re plumbing the boost solanoid back in and getting it remapped , if so what sort of gains should I make with the full exhaust system n filter or should I wait and add more mods to get the best out of a remap? Ie turbo , injectors etc. I've had many classics so not to sure on limits of the new age components.
It's a 2003 blob wrx
Regards
Old 18 April 2014, 12:48 PM
djquest
Scooby Regular

If i remember correctly our car has td04 turbo which at max runs around 280 bhp. So if you want anymore then i would go for vf35/34 or TD05-16g-SC36. this should give you close to 350bp, however yo will need some sti injectors if you want to reach near 350 mark. At this point your weakest point is your gearbox.

cheers
Old 18 April 2014, 02:17 PM
FMJ
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

It's a bit worrying to receive a car like that... But hopefully it was part way through being modded and just set like that to be driven safely until remap. Still not ideal tho and I would look at getting it mapped sooner then later to ensure there are no issues.
Old 18 April 2014, 03:24 PM
esxboy1
Scooby Regular

Tbh I'd be quite happy with 280-300 bhp as my misses drives most of the time and it always feels quick when I get out my astra van lol , so I guess a remap it is then , cheers guys