Notices

alarm going off in warm weather (2006 hawk wagon)

Search this Thread

Old 15 April 2014, 02:54 PM
FuZzBoM
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default alarm going off in warm weather (2006 hawk wagon)

Hi all,

Have a 56 plate Hawk wagon. alarm usually OK but been told a few times by security at work the alarm has gone off, I have seen this myself over the weekend just gone. Couldn't see anything obvious to cause it to go off.
Only thing I can put it to is the warm weather we have been having recently. Is a black car so I doubt this helps things.

It looks to be the standard alarm with keypad down the right and side in a pull down cubby hole.

I a friend had the same issue a few years back on an Astra and it turned to be the backup battery on his. Could that be a good point to start with or could it be the ultrasonic sensors?
Where is the alarm located?

any advice welcomed..

thanks,
Old 15 April 2014, 03:25 PM
johned
Scooby Regular

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Maybe the bonnet switch if it is not adjusted right and the bonnet is moving slightly with the heat but it is all going to be a process of illimination and exactly which alarm is it?.
Old 15 April 2014, 03:36 PM
FuZzBoM
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by johned
Maybe the bonnet switch if it is not adjusted right and the bonnet is moving slightly with the heat but it is all going to be a process of illimination and exactly which alarm is it?.
Bonnet switch is a good thought.. Will check that.

as for alarm make/model I have no idea. I assume whatever is standard? locks and unlocks with Subaru branded single button keys. on back of key has ALPHA Corp COJ12 and serial No.00000
No idea if that is of any use?

thanks,
Old 16 April 2014, 11:18 PM
FuZzBoM
Scooby Regular

Bonnet switch checked and is operating correctly. I even push down all over bonnet and lifted each corner of bonnet but no alarm.. leads me to believe the switch is all ok.
last 2 days I have parked it in the shade and I have not had anyone come and tell me alarm has gone off.

Does anyone know if they have a backup siren/battery and where it might be located?
Old 17 April 2014, 01:50 PM
johned
Scooby Regular

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

The back up battery if it is a sigma is usually in the siren but i doubt it is that especially if the car battery is ok so it might be due to the interior heat and the sensors picking it up or it could be the boot lid.
Old 27 April 2014, 01:08 PM
FuZzBoM
Scooby Regular

This issue has just taken another turn.. Alarm just went off for no reason (other than car being warm to the touch) pressed keyfob button and disarmed. pressed again and it unlocked.
pressed button 3rd time, car locks but now gives continuous loud chirps until you press keyfob for a 4th time..

Unlocked car to make sure it still starts. does and ran ok.
pressed keyfob button and again loud chirps till I press keyfob button once more.

Went round car and rather violently pushed and pulled each door including boot and bonnet and no alarm while it is armed. It must be either the sensors or the battery.

Does anyone know where alarm might be located?!? Or of I can disable the ultrasonic detectors in some way?
Could the cars main battery cause such an error if on it's way out?

thanks,
Fuzz
Old 27 April 2014, 01:46 PM
FuZzBoM
Scooby Regular

Car main battery just tested and all ok. 13 volts 500+ CCA.

For the hell of it I put charger on it and went straight to trickle charge. Convinced it is NOT the main battery.

As locking car on fob caused it to do the continuous beep locked it with the key. Unlocked it and then locked with fob button no longer beeping WTF?!
If nobody has any suggestions may need to call dealer.