Notices
Essex Subaru Owners Club The official dedicated forum for Essex Subaru Owners Club Events.

Classic advice please guys.....

Search this Thread

Old 08 January 2014, 09:52 AM
goose71
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Classic advice please guys.....

On the very reluctant sale of Blu. In a nutshell, I have to start forking out for another rugrat at the end of Jan. With Mrs Goose no longer being able to work, and despite juggling finances as best we can - I can't justify or afford to insure / maintain / run my beloved car anymore.

Essentially, I haven't got a clue what to put as a selling price. Your opinions would be of a great help, as I don't want to either price myself out of the market - or to get less than she's worth.

The fact that I spent £1275.21 at Extreme to get the car back to this condition is a bit of a sickener as well, I'd planned to have Blu for ever.

This is the ad I've drafted, giving more details.
UK2000 Impreza for sale. 106,000 miles, fully reconditioned original gearbox including 1st and 5th synchros. New headers and up-pipe. HKS SSQV dump valve, full Samco hosing, mushroom filter. CAT 1 Toad Alarm with cert. Professionally fitted Snooper included. Private plate included, valued at £600. Aircon, face-off Sony with uprated rear shelf speakers. Amp and power cap in boot. One rust scab on drivers door, little bit on rear arch. MOT April, tax Feb. All old MOTS, not much old service history though. New pads July, full coolant flush and renew done roughly 2 months ago (whenever the HFH tunnel run was for anyone of the ESOC reading) 4.5" stainless jap style back box fitted by Pipecraft about 4 months ago. Lowered – not sure by how much or on what gear as it was done by previous owner. All windows security etched.
Boosts perfectly, nothing at all mechanically wrong with this car - does exactly what an Impreza should.

Your help is appreciated.

Cheers,
Tim.
Old 08 January 2014, 10:20 AM
lordharding
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Lovely example although stickers make it a bit more limited for some buyers though and mileage although less then average is over the 100k

Up North I would say only 1500- £2000 max but not sure what they are worth in the wealthy south

Unfortunely mods and money spent on them doesn't mean a massive price for resale

Lovely car though and well cared for
Old 08 January 2014, 10:25 AM
goose71
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks LH, and yes the stickers do limit the audience a bit I suppose.

It had a shocking "Image is Everything" sticker on the rear bumper when I bought it. That came off pretty quickly.......