Notices
Essex Subaru Owners Club The official dedicated forum for Essex Subaru Owners Club Events.

Not good.. :(

Search this Thread

Old 15 November 2012, 02:52 PM
jack.west
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Not good.. :(

Had an accident earlier this evening.

coming round the roundabout by the a120 in braintree by texaco. someone pulled out on me and as i was heading towards halstead way (still on the roundabout) he decided to lose all power in his ****ty fiesta and pull in front of me and cut me up as i was exiting.

this gave me no time to react or brake and now my front wing, head light container, bumper and bonnet is dented / ****ed / scraped to (this word is censored because swearing is ****ing wrong u *******s!).

you'll be glad to hear that none of the engine is damaged so i'm hoping for a body repair and no write off.

i am extremely pissed off but lucky for the guy that cut me up i was in shock at the time.
anyway i am fine, car is not at the moment.
i will post some pics up tomorrow.

the bloke who smashed into me has admitted it was his fault for cutting me up.

i am not best pleased.

hopefully a curtesy car will arrive tomorrow after communication has been made with the third party insurance. if i get a 1.2 corsa i will probably go mental.

Currently undergoing an assessment and have not heard anything back yet

Still very upset.
Old 15 November 2012, 02:56 PM
T25 DOC
Scooby Regular

Gutted for you pal...but at least it's repairable and no damage to you....maybe a chance to do some mods..
Old 15 November 2012, 03:27 PM
trotters1
Scooby Regular

Hope u get it sorted soon, hopefully courtesy car will be something better than 1.2, but think of the fuel you'll save.You'll just have to allow more time to get anywhere in it.
Old 15 November 2012, 03:49 PM
jack.west
Scooby Regular

Yeah it is repairable... currently waiting for the review to be approved or said as a write off, i mean if that's a write off i'll be annoyed as hell....

I mean that's not exactly much work.

Well for the mean time i've been given a like for like car as it was a no fault and i moaned for it lol :P

I've been given a merc slk 200 2 seater hard top convertible.... Hard top anyone>?

I tried asking for another subaru but they declined and advised they do not hire them out anymore lol
Old 15 November 2012, 04:18 PM
Bean1984
Scooby Regular

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

If they intend to writevit off, you argue black and blue with them mate. Get some prices of the same car n how much they are currently being sold for mate. If worse comes to the worst mate you might have to buy it back and repair it yourself but i think they should repair it as its only cosmetic damage
Old 15 November 2012, 04:44 PM
Tony Harrington
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Argghh!

Hopefully you can get that repaired as it doesn't appear to look too bad from the pics you've posted & get back on the road quick-time Jack.
Old 15 November 2012, 07:53 PM
matttp1
Scooby Regular

That be Galleys? Shocking the amount of divs that try to get out with no gap, nearly took out a vito and a focus estate tonight. ****wits for the most part, hope it gets sorted and you can bob down to the pub on saturday

Trending Topics

Old 15 November 2012, 08:13 PM
jack.west
Scooby Regular

At the moment it's looking good... The garage is awaiting authorisation from the insurance company to declare it repairable.. I don't think it's too bad and the engine components have not been moved, so far the report has been said as body damage, car drives fine still, tracking still on, no bangs or any strange noises.

Thanks for all the messages though, i've had this car two months and i'm lost without it.

I do love the call they ask, did you sustain any injuries during or after this accident...? "yes, yes i did, mental damage from someone being an idiot and me losing my pride and joy for however long... " lol

Yes matt that's galleys, the roundabout by the dual lane traffic lights, someone came from the a120 or other exit, and decided that his 1.4 fiesta was fast enough... He then proceeded to take the turn off on the texaco garage towards high garrett and then decided not to as i was exiting the roundabout in the correct lane, thus resulting in the collision..... dick head.

So i know how you feel mate, it does worry me that roundabout but to be honest i just want to get home by that time, i always drive with due care, to stop things like this happening, especially as this car has been my dream since i was a little un

Would love to mate, what you driving? Yours aint a silver scooby i see in witham all the time is it?
Old 15 November 2012, 11:38 PM
frayz
Essex Area Moderator
Support Scoobynet!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just metal and plastic mate. At least you're okay. It's only a car at the end of the day.
Old 16 November 2012, 12:34 AM
Nate
Scooby Regular

Sorry to say this ..... But maybe the bloke don't like 'Gangnam Style'

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xt5...c#.UKWJ02ea9QE

But, being serious, hope the repair goes okay and as Frayz says, it's only metal and plastic
Old 16 November 2012, 11:12 AM
matttp1
Scooby Regular

I live on High Garrett so run the roundabouts most days. My cars white and is seen less often than Halleys comet but I will be at the pub meet tomorrow. If you dont want to come in the hire car I could pick you up
Old 16 November 2012, 04:20 PM
Scoobysmeet
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Matt you left off the most distinctive part of your car, or do you have new wheels so I can buy your old ones?
Old 16 November 2012, 04:41 PM
matttp1
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Scoobysmeet
Matt you left off the most distinctive part of your car, or do you have new wheels so I can buy your old ones?
Sssshhh we ll have to wait and see if Jack takes up the offer of a lift, then gets into the car in disguise
Old 16 November 2012, 06:15 PM
Scoobysmeet
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Ooooo the suspense
Even if he doesn't take your offer he could walk..........it would still be faster than going with Andy
Old 16 November 2012, 06:46 PM
matttp1
Scooby Regular

Ooooo the suspense
Even if he doesn't take your offer he could walk..........it would still be faster than going with Andy
Ooh thats a bit mean, possibly safer though.
If you're up for it PM me your address Jack and i'll pick you up around twelve ish or just come in your hire car its no bother
Old 17 November 2012, 09:33 PM
AWG
Scooby Regular

Ooooo the suspense
Yeah Yeah!

Damn thats a shame Jack, from memory you've only just replaced that bulb!

Seriously though, hope it all gets sorted mate, as you said its your pride and joy so hopefully its mended and ba k on the road in no time
Old 18 November 2012, 01:21 AM
FLAT ERIC
Scooby Regular

Location: You only live ONCE But if you do it right >>>>> ONCE is enough
Smile

Must be something about that Texaco roundabout.

I had a repmobile try to take on Larry coming off there going towards High Garrett. FAIL.

After not indicating his exit I trundled out as that meant he should have been going straight on & not be any concern to me & my exit. However as he eventualy tried for the 3rd one he ended up behind me so he tried a little undertake to cut me up. Wrong move.

I had indicated my exit well in advance & as I entered my lane he ran out of road & had to take a detour up the 2nd exit rather than rub shoulders with Larry.

Last edited by FLAT ERIC; 18 November 2012 at 01:24 AM.
Old 18 November 2012, 03:10 PM
scooby seb
Scooby Regular

That round about is a nightmare, I use it god knows how many times a day and it seems no one has a clue how to use it, I think I turned a gentleman of ethnic origin white in his mint 840 BMW
I was coming from cressing rd and taking the 2nd exit to silverend, as I was going past the 1st exit I noticed the BMW coming at a fair few nots and think he aint stopping and sure enough straight out in front he came and just looked at me and grinned, the grin soon turned to panic when he realised I obviously didn't give a toss about my 306 pug and hadn't lifted or braked and was coming straight for the side of his pride and joy

Also watched a plumb in a Mazda 6 come from high garret in the left hand lane indicating left but come off heading for stansted, needless to say people pulled out in front of them on the 2 exits before that but they thought they had done nothing wrong and was sounding off to everyone, Muppets.

Last edited by scooby seb; 18 November 2012 at 03:11 PM.
Old 18 November 2012, 04:27 PM
Nate
Scooby Regular

There are roundabouts all over the place (that the lanes are marked up well) and people still don't know which lanes to use (Rayleigh Weir is another example).

I used the Weir roundabout the other day and the traffic lights were out, the roundabout worked so much better without them, the traffic was flowing in all directions with no issues. I really feel they should make the lights 'part time'.
Old 18 November 2012, 04:36 PM
yellowvanman
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Nate
There are roundabouts all over the place (that the lanes are marked up well) and people still don't know which lanes to use (Rayleigh Weir is another example).

I used the Weir roundabout the other day and the traffic lights were out, the roundabout worked so much better without them, the traffic was flowing in all directions with no issues. I really feel they should make the lights 'part time'.
Don't you use the lane with least traffic, then just out accelerate them as you exit, whilst grinning?
Old 18 November 2012, 07:52 PM
Nate
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by yellowvanman
Don't you use the lane with least traffic, then just out accelerate them as you exit, whilst grinning?
Well.......... when in the van it can be difficult, though I'll give it a go
Old 18 November 2012, 09:30 PM
Looie
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Location: It's not a Scoob, or even a Skoda, but 200bhp is on the horizon..

Originally Posted by Nate
Similar feeling about the one at Harlow when you come off the M11 - lights operating in rush hour = good, after rush hour they should be switched off....
Old 18 November 2012, 10:14 PM
jack.west
Scooby Regular

Apologies for the late reply, i've been having a busy weekend, sorry i missed the pub meet! would have loved to attend but i had some things to do plus had a late night friday

I'll pop up next time though.

i'm glad to see i am not the only one who has had issues with this roundabout... It's bloody dangerous, i think people are just very impatient and can't wait for a decent gap. It comes along.

I'm still waiting to hear back from the insurance company regarding my scooby, Hopefully i'll receive a call tomorrow to see what's happening, i'm missing all the power and my dump valve... seriously. Though the thing i am not missing is the fuel prices

went to the children in need cruise saturday night in the mercedes and saw all the subarus flying past me was well gutted. But nice to see a good mixture.

Matt might have to meet up at some point, there's few small cruises down in colchester (not that big) but have a bit of fun after ! Depends on what weather's like etc.

i'll update this thread tomorrow at some point and let you know what the dealio is.

AWG - yes you are right mate, i have just replaced that effing bulb!!!!
Old 20 November 2012, 06:28 PM
jack.west
Scooby Regular

well they have now valued my car.... £4,900 for repairs...

Are you ****ing serious?

apparantly that damage you see in the pics above is on the 86% "borderlines" line.
Anything below 66% is an automatic repair.

I can't believe it is costing this much, am i getting mugged off or something?

The car was purchased for only a few grand more... apparantly the market value is £5000!!!

Really quite livid at the moment.

The details have been sent to the third party to review whether they think it's a write off or they are paying it all off.

At the moment i'm fed up as ****. I just want my car back
Old 20 November 2012, 06:55 PM
Scoobysmeet
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

That seems awfully expensive. Can you not get another quote?
Old 20 November 2012, 09:13 PM
scooby seb
Scooby Regular

What bodyshop has got the car fella???
Old 20 November 2012, 09:28 PM
jack.west
Scooby Regular

Well this is the estimators (the guys that go and see the visual damage and discuss prices with the shop). They cant get another quote as it's already been sent off without my consent!

It's a place in sudbury, dont really wanna release full information on where my car is located so apologies for that.

I'm just a bit annoyed as this seems very expensive for the damage occurred but obviously the insurance company is going to use their own resources...
Old 20 November 2012, 09:34 PM
Scoobysmeet
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Well you say that but when someone hit me I insisted in using my own garage and they accepted. As long as its a proper written quote from a genuine garage there isn't normally a problem.
Old 20 November 2012, 09:37 PM
jack.west
Scooby Regular

I'll be honest with you, i don't actually have a garage nor do i know anyone really, i've had the car 2 months and just want it fixed.

so it's gone straight off to them.
Old 20 November 2012, 09:50 PM
scooby seb
Scooby Regular

No worries, at the end of the day its your car your choice, they will always send you to their approved repairer as they have got a good deal on labour with said bodyshop,

It sounds steep but there's quiet a few expensive parts in there, looks like it needs new front panel.bonnet,wing,headlamp and what ever brackets are damaged behind, the bumper looks like it might go again unless theres a hidden split/tear, needs a tug on the inner wing.

Then you've got a bonnet,wing,bumper to paint and blend to n/s/f door and possibly blend to o/s/f wing and the you've got the decals on top so soon adds up

If the worst happens you could probly buy it back and get it repaired using second hand parts.

Quick Reply: Not good.. :(