Notices
Essex Subaru Owners Club The official dedicated forum for Essex Subaru Owners Club Events.

Bored at work, so here's some photos....

Search this Thread

Old 13 February 2012, 03:55 PM
Looie
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Location: It's not a Scoob, or even a Skoda, but 200bhp is on the horizon..
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bored at work, so here's some photos....

Not much gets posted on here these days about photos, so as I'm bored at work, here are a handful I took on Saturday......

Cold snap musings………

I was at Zak’s on Saturday having my Scoob serviced and it was f’fin freezing, so to warm up a bit, I decided to have a wander down the road and for some reason these trees made me stop……… They just made me think of how cold and lonely they looked… especially with that weather - now some of you older members know I do like to take the odd picky here and there, but as I only had my phone with me I looked and worked out what should give a couple of reasonable looking shots and these are the results……

As the sky was crystal clear blue (with the cold) I didn’t have any cloud to break the image up, so I tried to use the snow covered earth banking to take the edge off the white stuff and I think it came out OK…….

A bit longer down the lane and I came across these two, trouble was that they had numerous car wheel snow marks towards the edges and I didn’t want to get that showing, so I went up then road a bit and found a clean area that showed the desolation, cold and all that …

Even out in the middle of no-where, the fly tippers still dump stuff…….

At least these made another interesting picky…..

Now I know they are not that exciting, but even with a phone it just shows you can do something "different" than taking pictures of your mates down the pub.......

Looie
Old 13 February 2012, 04:29 PM
JohnD
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That phone handled the exposure very well! Photography in the snow can be tricky as it fools the exposure sensing into thinking it's brighter than it really is.

JohnD
Old 13 February 2012, 07:57 PM
Looie
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Cheers John,

I'm currently using a Samsung Galaxy SII with an 8meg camera, which seems to be good at the exposures.......... those shots haven't been photoshopped in any way, they are straight off the camera.

By using the tree for the exposure, the snow matched well, although the depth of field isn't as good as I would have preferred, but not complaining!
Old 13 February 2012, 08:44 PM
Cocker
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice pics mike - SII best phone on the market at the moment IMO (until the SIII comes out!)

How did the service go?
Old 13 February 2012, 09:52 PM
Looie
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Originally Posted by Cocker
Nice pics mike - SII best phone on the market at the moment IMO (until the SIII comes out!)

How did the service go?
Service was good...... long one, due to the cold methinks...... all the fluids changed (60k one done @ 53k actual miles) was there from 10am and didn't leave till 5.30pm....... geez it was friggin cold up there......... Anglia news said it was almost the coldest part of the country that morning...... didn't I know it!