Notices
Essex Subaru Owners Club The official dedicated forum for Essex Subaru Owners Club Events.

Porsche's @ the castle

Search this Thread

Old 17 July 2011, 07:03 PM
scooby seb
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Porsche's @ the castle

Went to porsche's @ hedingham castle today, my old man's been banging on about it for years so i thought i'd go and check it out, it's porsches from the 40's or 50's up to 73. but there was plenty of later stuff in the public car park

There was some real rare beast there, may favourite were the 2.7 rs's (don't think there was a real rsr there) but loved the 935 which is also my dad's favourite just a shame they never made a road going version, well they did a one off but just had the looks not the go but from what i hear they were just to savage to be put on the road

They also had one of the 1st porsches ever made there think it was called the type 64, was a funny looking thing it just looked like a squashed 911, they 2 guys that restored it refuse to answer when we asked what it was insured for

They also had stirling moss's RS61 on show which he paid 1.7 million dollars for while he recovering in hospital after his fall down the lift shaft

Here's some pic's not the best but you get the idea

936 replica go kart resto finished yesterday not bad considering the osf corner and was smashed and missing

Sir Stirling moss's RS61

One of the 1st porsche's type 64

sorry if it's a bit pic heavy
Old 17 July 2011, 09:32 PM
Looie
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Location: It's not a Scoob, or even a Skoda, but 200bhp is on the horizon..

Stunning pictures and cars........

Not much rain happened over there then...... not the thunder & lightning I had between downpours.......
Old 17 July 2011, 09:42 PM
scooby seb
Scooby Regular

No thunder or lightening but belted it down a couple of times for about ten min's at a time but hid under a bridge in the moat and started to worry incase we got floaded out then hid in the castle the next time

It took so much restraint when leaving as i had a nice big wet field to play in, but thought no better keep our side up and even think people were expecting it as they were all watching me on the way out
Old 17 July 2011, 10:52 PM
FLAT ERIC
Scooby Regular

Location: You only live ONCE But if you do it right >>>>> ONCE is enough
Smile

What a great selection of Porkers Scot. Defo not the usual bunch seen at shows. Looks like you had the same downpours as us at Cressing Temple.

The heavens opened just as we started our parade of cars round the grounds. Typical.

Think we may have had the oldest car. They had a guy with a red flag walk in front while it went round the grounds.

Old 19 July 2011, 06:05 PM
AWG
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by scooby seb
No thunder or lightening but belted it down a couple of times for about ten min's at a time but hid under a bridge in the moat and started to worry incase we got floaded out then hid in the castle the next time

It took so much restraint when leaving as i had a nice big wet field to play in, but thought no better keep our side up and even think people were expecting it as they were all watching me on the way out
Well resisted! Reputation maintained..!

That RS61 is a great car, what a legend Moss is. Saw him at Goodwood this year, hope i'm as mobile when I get to that age. So which one is your dads!!!
Old 19 July 2011, 09:49 PM
scooby seb
Scooby Regular

Yeah is an awesome machine, i did a little bit of work on it a few months ago when it was being repaired

Such a shame as he has officaly retired now, he was ment to race it at the classic lemans this year but pulled out before the start and let his team mate race it alone

I missed him takeing jake humphreys round silverstone in it at the gp

My dad's was to new it's an 88 3.2 carrera

Last edited by scooby seb; 19 July 2011 at 09:51 PM.