Notices
Essex Subaru Owners Club The official dedicated forum for Essex Subaru Owners Club Events.

New Wheerls..... !!

Search this Thread

Old 27 May 2010, 05:50 PM
Looie
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Location: It's not a Scoob, or even a Skoda, but 200bhp is on the horizon..
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Wheerls..... !!

Following on from my thread about new tyres time a few weeks ago…….. I couldn’t wait any longer for the Vreddies coming into stock, so I took “In The Sticks” advice and looked out on Fleebay for anyone selling a set of wheels…..

And lo and behold I managed to get these ones from a Scooby owner in Farnborough (for less than the cost of four new tyres) and they are the 235 width, so I’m a happy bunny……

All I need to do is to get the wheel balances moved to inside the wheel & get some Poorboys on them and that will keep me going for another 20K+…

Tyres were off a hatch STI and are brand new (still got the knobbly bits on ‘em) Dunlop SP Sport’s – OK they aren’t Vreddies, but they will do……

All I need to do now is find a blue set of fog light covers and it might be back to it looking as it’s supposed to!! – The HT Autos ones on there at the moment were only supposed to be temporary ones, but I’ve not seen any blue ones for sale anywhere since, so they stayed on…. Ho hum…….

Old 27 May 2010, 05:54 PM
Scooby Senior

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Nice one Looie !

I have seen a few cover sets and thought of you but been outbid at stupid money...

I like your current HT ones, if you went over them with some SRP/Jet Seal they would come up gloss. Bring them to the HWH next month and I will do them for you if you want ?
Old 27 May 2010, 06:03 PM
Looie
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Originally Posted by 53WRX
Nice one Looie !

I have seen a few cover sets and thought of you but been outbid at stupid money...

I like your current HT ones, if you went over them with some SRP/Jet Seal they would come up gloss. Bring them to the HWH next month and I will do them for you if you want ?
Cheers Stu,

I will do my best to get to the HWH - it's been a while so I really should!
Old 27 May 2010, 06:03 PM
V4JDMSTi
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice result there fella.

Kepe the fog covers. Something quite nice about them being black rather than body colour. Looks a fair bit more aggressive.
Old 27 May 2010, 06:05 PM
Looie
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Originally Posted by mneame
Nice result there fella.

Kepe the fog covers. Something quite nice about them being black rather than body colour. Looks a fair bit more aggressive.
Old 27 May 2010, 06:06 PM
Scooby Senior

If you don't make it I am only up the 414 from you anytime you want help just shout
Old 27 May 2010, 06:24 PM
Looie
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

If you don't make it I am only up the 414 from you anytime you want help just shout
Cheers Stu...

Trending Topics

Old 28 May 2010, 11:08 AM
IN THE STICKS
Scooby Regular

Location: I'm still around in deepest Essex, now with a Fiesta ST-2

Pleased it worked out OK Looie , I've found the Dunlop's to be far better than the Vreddies I had on before , and they seem to be wearing OK , really is a no brainer in my opinion

Dave
Old 28 May 2010, 11:24 AM
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by IN THE STICKS
Pleased it worked out OK Looie , I've found the Dunlop's to be far better than the Vreddies I had on before , and they seem to be wearing OK , really is a no brainer in my opinion

Dave
Dave interesting you prefer the D's. Although remember you have 235 Dunlops which would reduce the skittishness of the V's in 225 on an 8" rim D's get mixed reviews but tyres seem to be a personal thing much like suspension/handling setups. Particularly they seem suited to motorways and driving where you don't really want to spank the backside off them in all conditions all the time. Good news is the D's aren't that much more expensive, so your preference isn't going to cost you come change time
Old 28 May 2010, 11:34 AM
IN THE STICKS
Scooby Regular

Location: I'm still around in deepest Essex, now with a Fiesta ST-2

Dave interesting you prefer the D's. Although remember you have 235 Dunlops which would reduce the skittishness of the V's in 225 on an 8" rim D's get mixed reviews but tyres seem to be a personal thing much like suspension/handling setups. Particularly they seem suited to motorways and driving where you don't really want to spank the backside off them in all conditions all the time. Good news is the D's aren't that much more expensive, so your preference isn't going to cost you come change time
If you remember Stu I had real problems with the Vreddies on my car , just didn't suit it at all, it use to dart all over the place , and understeer was a bit of a shocker too even after 2 alignment's . As soon as I put on the new wheels and tyres the car was transformed ...And yes I do 'spank the backside off them ' on occasion

Last edited by IN THE STICKS; 28 May 2010 at 11:42 AM.
Old 28 May 2010, 11:45 AM
Scooby Senior

Yes I remember, twas weird ! buying wheels with new tyres is the way forward