Notices
Essex Subaru Owners Club The official dedicated forum for Essex Subaru Owners Club Events.

My works christmas do

Search this Thread

Old 06 December 2009, 10:51 PM
Cornelius
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My works christmas do

Just had a fantastic weekend away to Paris!!

We stayed at the Hotel du louvre which is directly opposite the Louvre and Pyramides and as you go out of the front doors, the Opera National de Paris-Garnier is straight ahead!

We checked in and had a spot of lunch at a cafe then went into Louvre and saw the Mona Lisa and had a walk about.

Dinner was on a river boat on the Seine and was absolutely amazing, the food was great and had swordfish for the first time!

Today, we went to the Eiffel tower (you just don't get a true perspective of how big it actually is from pictures and films!!) and the queue to go up it was unbelievable, after an hour, we wasn't even a third of the way to the ticket office so we decided to give it a miss as we wouldn't have enough time so had a walk round the Champs de Elysees market instead.

The traffic around the Louvre and Arc de Triumph was unreal, it makes driving through London look a real pleasure! Some cars were even nudging others forward to push them through the traffic
The roads seem like it's a free-for-all, no lane markings and its total bedlam!!

On a more poignant note, we saw the tunnel where Princess Diana died and must admit that it was a bit of a gut wrencher!!

Couldn't beleive the price of food, the club sandwiches we had at the cafe was 18 Euros each with a cup of coffee at 4 Euros, can of Coca Cola - 2 Euros and a Twix - 2 Euros.

I think Paris is great, even the street lighting is ornate to blend in with the architecture!

The hotel was lovely though can't wait to sleep in my own bed, am totally shattered!!

I took a few pics, though using my phone as I forgot the cameraso will post them tomorrow

It's been a fantastic do - words just cannot describe it!
Old 07 December 2009, 09:44 PM
Nate
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds good Paul

Expensive food though , I thought Rome was expensive.