Notices
Essex Subaru Owners Club The official dedicated forum for Essex Subaru Owners Club Events.

Victory WAS sweet - but the saga continues.............

Search this Thread

Old 04 December 2009, 06:44 PM
Ms Gooner 1
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Victory WAS sweet - but the saga continues.............

Well after the euphoria of actually getting a decision in our favour form the Financial Ombudsman - we received the final settlement letter today from the insurance. All we had to do was sign it and send it back etc.

SO, I called them up for a buy-back figure for the car. They have given me a figure which is 29% of the settlement figure

When I queried this - they (insurer) told me that they value my car (pre-accident) at over 7k - yet the settlement is some 2k short of what they value it at. In addition - the buy-back price is given to them by a "third-party" who pay them (the insurer) to buy the car from THEM??? So the insurer gest paid twice for my car?? I don't think so

After a little "chat" with our friendly insurer - I called back my OLD insurer and gave them a little ultimatum...........

Option A - give me a settlement figure of what you value my car at (pre-accident) - over 7k and I'll pay you your exuberant buy-back price

Option B - you stick to the original settlement figure (which i accept) and I pay you 10% of that figure to buy my car back.

I've given them till noon on Monday before I call the Ombudsman back - tick tock, tick tock

in the meantime - avoid Unicom Insurance

And if all else fails - you'll see me in the local press