Notices
Essex Subaru Owners Club The official dedicated forum for Essex Subaru Owners Club Events.

Not Happy!!

Search this Thread

Old 25 September 2009, 11:43 AM
ScoobyChick-Sti
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Not Happy!!

Got my tyres changed and tracking dun last fri, the B*****ds cost me £420 and I have just noticed that they have damaged my wheels!!!!!!

TYREWEB in ASHFORD!!!!!! Not Happy
Old 25 September 2009, 11:50 AM
scoobygirl42
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by N.J.P'sBird
Got my tyres changed and tracking dun last fri, the B*****ds cost me £420 and I have just noticed that they have damaged my wheels!!!!!!

TYREWEB in ASHFORD!!!!!! Not Happy
hi justine,bloody hell cant you take the car back and show them?thats a lot of bloody money aint it specialy when your not happy!mind you you have drove the car away now so its your word against theres shame you didnt notice it b4 you left the garage! i see you still havnt got your user name changed lol.how you been anyway? xxxx
Old 25 September 2009, 11:53 AM
ScoobyChick-Sti
Scooby Regular

yer its gonna be hard proving it..

and i not been great hun. I split with neil then found out i was pregnant the next day. then 3 days after that he tells me he met someone the night after we split!!!!!

Have my bad moments but i'm ok x
Old 25 September 2009, 11:53 AM
ScoobyChick-Sti
Scooby Regular

Hence y i neeeeed the name change!!! lol
Old 25 September 2009, 12:04 PM
V4JDMSTi
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry to hear of your troubles. Unfortunately with the wheels you'll probably find that the garage has a disclaimer sign up that says they won't be held responsible for damage caused to alloys wheels. If you're a member of the SIDC give Milamber a shout, if not sign up and then give him a shout , he may be able to impart some legal advice on where you stand.
Old 25 September 2009, 12:27 PM
ScoobyChick-Sti
Scooby Regular

Yer i am a member of sidc and thanks, i'll ask him
Old 25 September 2009, 03:16 PM
Darc174
Scooby Regular

yer its gonna be hard proving it..

and i not been great hun. I split with neil then found out i was pregnant the next day. then 3 days after that he tells me he met someone the night after we split!!!!!

Have my bad moments but i'm ok x

Hope it all gets Sorted

Darc

Trending Topics

Old 25 September 2009, 09:01 PM
Nate
Scooby Regular

Bit late, but you really should have gone to Leigh Tyres
Old 25 September 2009, 09:34 PM
nathanholmes05
Scooby Newbie

Default legal?

Hi Justine, never met but I may be able to help as have just gone through similar situation (brought replacement engine, swapped it, sounded like bolts in a washing machine!)

As a consumer even though you have left the premises you still have rights, look on web for sale of goods act 1974, the disclaimer sign up that says they won't be held responsible for damage caused to alloys wheels How legal is that? according to the act all transactions (legally known as a contract) must be "fair"

All standard contracts used by businesses selling to the public, must be ‘fair’. The law will ignore unfair contracts.
Small print which denies responsibility for faulty workmanship is unfair - you can ignore it. If the wheel fell off because the nuts were not put on properly, then the garage is responsible for the damage to your car. Trading Standards can challenge the use of unfair contract terms in court. You can complain to them and they will take it up with the garage.

This paragraph was taken from the following link

Frequently Asked Questions and Answers

can be also some damage can only be done by tyre machines, incorrect fitting or just plain old inexperienced tyre fitters.

I suggest you take photos of the damage try and make sure you get the time/date on the pic(digital camera rather than phone). Speak to garage on the phone not in person (getting vexed in public, not a good look) Explain calmly what has happened how YOU see it, explain that the damage is from the tyre fitting and can be proven ie take wheel off and get them to replicate what they did pointing out how they damaged it, listen to what they have to say then say you will call them back, if they say we need to look at the wheels state that they cannot see them until you have had looked at by someone else, you DONT have to say who that someone else is, I dont know your area I am in Derby but if Leigh tyres has been recommended take it to them ask for advice on how the wheel could have been damaged.

Tyreweb may respond favorably to this and request that they look at it with the view of repairing the damage, its important to keep them on your side the main thing is to remain calm when they fob you off but always say that you will take it further, If they do not respond in the way you would like then I would contact Trading Standards and let them deal with it.

Whatever you do dont give up, you have paid good money and should be treated accordingly, I apologise for this being long and hope it works out. Let me know

And good luck!
Old 25 September 2009, 11:07 PM
ScoobyChick-Sti
Scooby Regular

Thanks for ya help guys. and i was in Kent at the time Nate, but next time will look at leigh tyres
Old 26 September 2009, 10:45 PM
nathanholmes05
Scooby Newbie

Default Essex area tyre fitting?

Cant personally speak for Leigh Tyres, i would speak to other scooby or performance car groups in your area to find the best then stick to them

If you need any help or advice on the wheel damage I am not a solicitor but one of my mates is, if it starts getting messy let me know.

Also you definitely need to change your username!, ur so much better!
Old 27 September 2009, 08:11 AM
ScoobyChick-Sti
Scooby Regular

Thanks nathanholmes05

My wheels are not that bad, but there was not a mark on them!! I'll take some pic's, see if i can catch the damage and i'll post them on here.

And I am still working on my name change LOL
Old 27 September 2009, 10:13 AM
Big Pete
Scooby Regular

NIGHTMARE

I really feel for you wi this coz we've recently put new wheels on ours and I'd have been sooooooooooooooo down if the garage had damaged them.
Old 27 September 2009, 12:01 PM
ScoobyChick-Sti
Scooby Regular

I was really P*ssed off Pete, I will see if anything can be done about it but no point stressing over it. To be honest a few marks on my wheels are the least of my worries
Old 28 September 2009, 12:50 PM
scoobygirl42
Scooby Regular

I was really P*ssed off Pete, I will see if anything can be done about it but no point stressing over it. To be honest a few marks on my wheels are the least of my worries
chin up babe with everything! i have got quite a few scuffs and digs on my wheels which look real messy but they where all there when i bought the car im going to get them sorted when ive done a few other bits 1st as i feel it does let the car down and i bet people think oh look women driver cant park but i aint made one dig it was a bloke i bought the car off lol terrible ah!
Old 28 September 2009, 12:55 PM
Nurse Gladys
Scooby Regular

Location: Daily drive is a Scoob again - just what it should be!

Gutted for you about the wheels - still I guess it's a hard lesson learnt.

If it helps I think you've done the right thing - got rid of the man & kept the Scoob - far less maintenance on the Scoob!! Keep smiling!
Old 28 September 2009, 03:53 PM
ScoobyChick-Sti
Scooby Regular

Lol scooby Blue yer ur probably right!!!!!!!!!!