Notices
Essex Subaru Owners Club The official dedicated forum for Essex Subaru Owners Club Events.

Valve stems????????????????

Search this Thread

Old 26 July 2009, 06:42 PM
Symon
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Valve stems????????????????

Evening all and hope we are all ok...Have a quik Q&A for anyone who feels obliged to throw some light or advice on my problems with the scoobs......From the top then. Bought the car in december and a piston gave up on me in feb so had a new un put in with new ring on that piston, then head gasket went on me in march so had both done with a skim on the heads to keep em flat, then a day after picking the car up poiston one went the way of the dodo so a bit miffed i stripped the engine down myself (after deciding not to pau anyone anymore of my heard earned)..I have just rebuilt the bottom end of my wrx using new rings and making sure the pistons were tip top and the block was checked, New headgaskets and studs, water pump,clutch, etc etc etc...When i statrted the car first time over it rattled then went away blinding i thought and the rattle has never been back, oil pressure is great thru out the rev range but im getting Blue smoke on start and when the car has been idling and i pull away i get the dreaded blue as well, never under boost (that i can see, and my friend has tailgated and confirms this) Ive also changed the turbo today as was told it could be this but the prob is still there...Please anyone shed some light on this for me and if it is the stem seals i know i gotta pull the lump again but can they be done without spliiting the heads from the block........Please can anyone help as im losing the will people...Many thanks Sy:thumb :
Old 26 July 2009, 10:28 PM
Cornelius
Scooby Regular

Sorry mate, it's a heads off job to change the oil stem seals, you'll need a valve spring compressor to remove the valve stem collets to enable full access to the seals.
Old 27 July 2009, 08:30 PM
Symon
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Cornelius
Sorry mate, it's a heads off job to change the oil stem seals, you'll need a valve spring compressor to remove the valve stem collets to enable full access to the seals.
Bugger was hoping for a bit o luck there...Just ordered head gaskets, engine coming out after USC for the 4th thime this year