Notices
Essex Subaru Owners Club The official dedicated forum for Essex Subaru Owners Club Events.

Fireball!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 17 July 2009, 10:22 PM
Symon
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fireball!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Evening all..sorry havent been on for a while been a bit busy rebuilding the engine...Got it done and run in but have a quick q&a for anyone in the know...Whilst out on a sedate drive tonite honest wasnt tonking it at all, my mate was following in his 200sx he noticed what he describes as sparks like the ones from grindin metal with an angle grinder from under the car on the overun and then a bluey orange fireball emerging from the exhaust, bit worried myself......the car is still running on time and perfect, boost is good oil pressure good and no orrible noises or smoke. spec on the car is walboro, yellow injectors, chip upgrade, full stainless with decat, 57i, ported and polished heads,15psi of boost......i will say the exhaust does have a small hole before the main backbox where it has ground out on the road once or twice but didnt on this occasion and rhe car is unmapped as its a 92/93 and have been told cant remap.......Any ideas chaps and chappesses as im stumped......Ta all sy
Old 18 July 2009, 07:04 AM
e6tony
Scooby Regular

JOLLY GREEN MONSTER
Old 18 July 2009, 10:43 AM
scooby seb
Scooby Regular

the sparks are'nt just crap being burn't off where it has sat around for a bit???
Old 18 July 2009, 12:13 PM
ScatRat
Scooby Regular

Default sparks n fly

Hi i had exactly the same on my sti, Took to Kwik fit after the very first time i drove it, They took the exhaust of banged it upside down, there was a rodent nest in there, where mine been off road a while, Its common, and Bones do spark,

Dont worry mate,

Does look good tho, lol
Old 19 July 2009, 09:14 PM
Symon
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by scooby seb
the sparks are'nt just crap being burn't off where it has sat around for a bit???
Yeah reckon it was just some dislodged carbon or summit as hasnt done it since...Hows your now?? Think i saw you the other day in braintree....Do you or did you paint for john pease???