Notices
Essex Subaru Owners Club The official dedicated forum for Essex Subaru Owners Club Events.

Car Insurance?

Search this Thread

Old 18 June 2009, 06:35 PM
SCOTT1E
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car Insurance?

Anyone know of any insurance companies for the scooby?

Scotty.
Old 18 June 2009, 06:53 PM
Spec'c'57
Scooby Regular

Keith Michaels? AKA Moley WRX.
Old 18 June 2009, 10:05 PM
FLAT ERIC
Scooby Regular

Location: You only live ONCE But if you do it right >>>>> ONCE is enough
Smile

Another vote for Gary.

Expert in Subaru & mods.
Old 18 June 2009, 10:14 PM
gallois
Scooby Regular

greenlight did mine, i didn't go with keith michaels because i wouldn't tell them my renewal quote, so they in turn "could not beat by renewal quote" and wouldn't quote me.
Old 18 June 2009, 11:09 PM
FLAT ERIC
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by gallois
greenlight did mine, i didn't go with keith michaels because i wouldn't tell them my renewal quote, so they in turn "could not beat by renewal quote" and wouldn't quote me.
Er why was your renewal quote a secret?

You could have made it x amount cheaper than you had been quoted & tested the water. Now you will never know. How much did Greenlight beat your renewal by?
Old 18 June 2009, 11:12 PM
Cornelius
Scooby Regular

Another vote for Moley - Top guy!! Transfered my Scooby insurance over on Monday with no fuss
Old 18 June 2009, 11:26 PM
Tiny
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Spec'c'57
Keith Michaels? AKA Moley WRX.
Al the way
Old 18 June 2009, 11:50 PM
gallois
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by FLAT ERIC
Er why was your renewal quote a secret?

You could have made it x amount cheaper than you had been quoted & tested the water. Now you will never know. How much did Greenlight beat your renewal by?
because it's one of my pet hates, i ask for a quote, why do they need to know my renewal quote? what relevance does that have, i am the one who will decide if i want to insure with them, they do not need to know how much i am paying now........ i regard customer service higher than minimum cost, if they cannot or will not do what i ask, then what will it be like when it comes to claim time. they ask for the renewal quote so they can slightly undercut it. greenlight did not require my renewal quote, and they came in £300 cheaper. so my business goes to greenlight.
Old 19 June 2009, 01:05 AM
FLAT ERIC
Scooby Regular

Smile

because it's one of my pet hates, i ask for a quote, why do they need to know my renewal quote? what relevance does that have, i am the one who will decide if i want to insure with them, they do not need to know how much i am paying now........ i regard customer service higher than minimum cost, if they cannot or will not do what i ask, then what will it be like when it comes to claim time. they ask for the renewal quote so they can slightly undercut it. greenlight did not require my renewal quote, and they came in £300 cheaper. so my business goes to greenlight.
How do you relate customer service to cost, minimum or otherwise? I know people that have paid top dollar & had crap service.

By asking for your renewal quote they may just have saved both you & themselves some wasted effort as if they could not match it then they would not need to go through the whole "get a quote" rigmarole. I spent a pleasant 5 or so minutes answering lots of relevant questions for one insurance company that I hadn't used before & then when we got to mods was told "We don't do mods".

If Greenlight came in £300 cheaper than your renewal quote then your old company were probably trying to dump you or shafted you first time around. I can not see any company shaving that amount off & giving like for like cover. No doubt you will see when it comes to claim time.
Old 19 June 2009, 07:15 AM
Ms Gooner 1
Scooby Regular

LOL - Keith Michaels all the way They have my business now for a THREE of our cars.

Mark - I know exactly what you mean about the "mods" thing - sadly, if my previous insurer had disclosed that they only insured modded cars on a third party basis - i wouldn't have a scoob in my garage with a full tank of juice and a whacking dent in the side (aka Written Off)

I normally spend AGES trying to find the right policy, price, cover, company etc - and Moley ticked all the boxes
Old 19 June 2009, 09:53 AM
TomR555
Scooby Regular

A Plan mate beat all the rest
Old 19 June 2009, 06:30 PM
Moley
Sponsor

Received 24 Likes on 11 Posts

The reason i ask is so i can find out if i'm wasting both our time running through a quote. If you current price is too cheap for me to compete against then i'll tell you from the start.

No cloak and dagger going on, just trying to help us both out.

And if someone doesn't want to be open and honest from the start, it doesn't bode well for wanting to take the business on.
Old 19 June 2009, 07:52 PM
Symon
Scooby Regular

I went with Swinton on there Grey import and modded scheme. Came in cheap enough for me and happy so far but havent had to claim for owt so guess got the price but yet to find out about the aftersales service................Hope i havent tempted fate now
Old 19 June 2009, 08:35 PM
Milamber
Scooby Senior

i regard customer service higher than minimum cost,
Quite right. Moley actually came in slightly higher than my cheapest quote. I trust Moley soo much that it didn't even enter the equation to go elsewhere. Moley said that he could match the quote but it would be with an insurer he wouldn't insure his worst enemy with - excellent customer service in my book.

greenlight did not require my renewal quote, and they came in £300 cheaper. so my business goes to greenlight.

Old 19 June 2009, 08:37 PM
dream machine
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by TomR555
A Plan mate beat all the rest
im with a-plan also,but when the time comes i will defo give kieth micheals a ring,any one av there number plz
Old 19 June 2009, 09:36 PM
FLAT ERIC
Scooby Regular

Smile

Originally Posted by Moley_WRX
The reason i ask is so i can find out if i'm wasting both our time running through a quote. If you current price is too cheap for me to compete against then i'll tell you from the start.

And if someone doesn't want to be open and honest from the start, it doesn't bode well for wanting to take the business on.
There you go then. Straight from the proverbial. (I won't mention horses or mouths till after renewal time )

Do I get points (or extra discount) for being right.

By asking for your renewal quote they may just have saved both you & themselves some wasted effort as if they could not match it then they would not need to go through the whole "get a quote" rigmarole. I spent a pleasant 5 or so minutes answering lots of relevant questions for one insurance company that I hadn't used before & then when we got to mods was told "We don't do mods".
Old 19 June 2009, 09:37 PM
stuart n
Scooby Regular

My insurance is due for renewal and I've been shopping around a lot.
So far privilege are the cheapest, the best part of £200 cheaper than the renewal quote from Churchill, and indeed the prices quoted on comparison websites.
A plan couldn't touch the quote but sounds like it's worth me giving Keith Michaels a bell on Monday just to see.
Old 19 June 2009, 09:44 PM
gallois
Scooby Regular

no problem mate, but as others have said, they do not always go with the cheapest, i am capable of deciding whether or not i will give my custom to you or not, and not just based on what price you quote me. you are just another broker looking for business. i am just another customer looking for quotes.

you do get a lot of adoring fans here on scoobynet, and maybe that has made you complacent, but never forget why you are there, and that is to make money, and to keep making money, and by not spending a few minutes quoting me even though i would not disclose my renewal quote, which is not a legal requirement, has cost your company lost business.

if you had quoted me with the info i had supplied you, you probably would have had my business, i had no problems with other companies insisting on my renewal quote, just you. end of the day mate, my £600 has gone elsewhere, and by implying that i am dishonest means that my money will go elsewhere every year now.

just so you know, i have never made a claim in 20yrs of driving, my car has every tiniest mod declared down to the non standard air filter element.

Last edited by gallois; 19 June 2009 at 09:46 PM.
Old 19 June 2009, 10:22 PM
Cornelius
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Milamber
Quite right. Moley actually came in slightly higher than my cheapest quote. I trust Moley soo much that it didn't even enter the equation to go elsewhere. Moley said that he could match the quote but it would be with an insurer he wouldn't insure his worst enemy with - excellent customer service in my book.

Same here - totally agree, Moley was £25 more when I took the policy out, but I think the extra is well worth the peace of mind Gary has given me! No nonsense, plain facts - job done!!

One quick call last Monday, and the insurance was transfered over to my new STI and had the documents the next day!

If that's not a truely professional service, I don't know what is!!
Old 19 June 2009, 10:33 PM
ScoobyMaz
Scooby Regular

my £600 has gone elsewhere, and by implying that i am dishonest means that my money will go elsewhere every year now.

just so you know, i have never made a claim in 20yrs of driving, my car has every tiniest mod declared down to the non standard air filter element.

£600? Is it highly modded? Seems high compared to what I pay!
Old 19 June 2009, 10:48 PM
FLAT ERIC
Scooby Regular

Smile

Originally Posted by ScoobyMaz
£600? Is it highly modded? Seems high compared to what I pay!
Ah yes but what sort of air filter are you running?
Old 19 June 2009, 11:58 PM
Moley
Sponsor

and by implying that i am dishonest means that my money will go elsewhere every year now.
I am not implying you are dishonest.

I just don't get involved in playing games.

When doing a quote i will always do what i can to help, but it works both ways. If i approach an underwriter they will ask what you have been quoted, and who from.
If you don't give me that info then i can't tell them, and they will be reluctant to go out of their way to do a good price.

It is just how insurance works sometimes.

But what do i know? Apparently i'm just another broker trying to make money.
Old 20 June 2009, 12:13 AM
Moley
Sponsor

you do get a lot of adoring fans here on scoobynet, and maybe that has made you complacent
Ok, i'll bite on that one....

I do not think i am complacement at all, quite the opposite infact.

I had 3 clients leave ourselves to go elsewhere today, and they got quotes elsewhere between £10-£20 cheaper.
One of them even said ''you provide good service, but £20 is £20 at the end of the day''

I work my **** off to get the best prices i can, and to provide a good service, and i take comments such as me being 'complacement' very personally.
Old 20 June 2009, 12:39 AM
Milamber
Scooby Senior

i'm just another broker trying to make money.
You greedy B'stardos
Old 20 June 2009, 01:00 AM
FLAT ERIC
Scooby Regular

Smile

Originally Posted by Milamber
You greedy B'stardos
Shouldn't you be getting some shut eye?

Or be fixing your oven?
Old 20 June 2009, 01:20 AM
Milamber
Scooby Senior

Shouldn't you be getting some shut eye?

Or be fixing your oven?
Drops every hour on the hour, oven can wait
Old 20 June 2009, 07:23 AM
Ms Gooner 1
Scooby Regular

I'm starting to think "pezzza" has returned

Moley - guess you can't please everyone LOL. I'm one of your "many adoring fans"