Notices
Essex Subaru Owners Club The official dedicated forum for Essex Subaru Owners Club Events.

Sad sad day

Search this Thread

Old 12 June 2009, 03:19 AM
WigboroughWRX
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sad sad day

Hi Guys and Girls,

Just to let you know after a visit to the GP on Wednesday i've been put back onto medication which means i'm not allowed to drive
I've tried very hard not to be in a situation where medication would be a solution to the problems, but sadly with my ongoing memory problems life has got just a little too tough for me.
Being a driver for my friend means i'll no longer be able to beautiful Porsches i've become accustomed to and as I can't work I won't be able to afford to run two cars so sadly the Scooby will be going up for sale as the Mondeo estate is much more practical for the family. The Scooby will be put up for sale on our works website, if people are interested in an untouched L reg wrx with about 80k on the clock send me a PM and i'll forward the site to you.

I hope to stay in touch with you all as you have all made me feel so welcomed and have been incredibly supoortive. I'll try and get along to a few meets to keep my hand in

Cheers

Andy
www.forgottenone.co.uk
Old 12 June 2009, 05:35 AM
Tiny
Scooby Regular

Andy ..

A sad sad day indeed , If you want to come to a meet let me know and I'm sure myself or someone else will come & pick you up / run you home , battle on buddy you have a very strong character as we all know running two marathon's back to back , with your condition is no normal person imho

Be strong buddy & please DO NOT BE A STRANGER

I'm sure it will only be a short term thing , put the scooby in storage
Old 12 June 2009, 06:39 AM
Nurse Gladys
Scooby Regular

Location: Daily drive is a Scoob again - just what it should be!

Andy,

I feel gutted for you - although we have only spoken on here I can tell you are a strong & determined person, and am sure this will only be a minor set back for you - you have come so far just by being the person you are.

As for selling the Scooby, like you say, you are doing what is practical & necessary for the family.

I can only add to what Tiny has said - there are many members who no longer own or drive Scoobies, yet they are still very active club members, so there is no reason to become a stranger.

There are always people willing to offer a lift to an event - all you have to do is ask on here & someone will accomodate if they can.

I hope to see you very soon - as well as those two medals you worked so hard for!

Take care & be strong! x
Old 12 June 2009, 07:51 AM
Phil
Track Day Organiser

I can just echo what has been said above

Stay strong and don't be a stranger
Old 12 June 2009, 08:13 AM
e6tony
Scooby Regular

andy make sure you do come to some meets mate,as tiny said put scooby into storage until you can drive again!!! good luck!!
Old 12 June 2009, 08:16 AM
spally
Scooby Regular

ditto what has already been said. I am an ex scoob owner and certainly dont feel left out at meets, so keep coming along matey.

all the best to yourself and hope things improve for you.
Old 12 June 2009, 04:11 PM
FLAT ERIC
Scooby Regular

Location: You only live ONCE But if you do it right >>>>> ONCE is enough
Andy treat this as another challenge & remember, as you say yourself, as long as you are moving forward, however slightly, then you are winning.

Life is after all one long marathon & each phase has it's challenges to be met. You have already proved that you can reach the finish line under difficult circumstances so keep strong & keep pushing for that line.

Take care & I hope you make steady progress with your memory problems.

Last edited by FLAT ERIC; 12 June 2009 at 04:12 PM.

Trending Topics

Old 12 June 2009, 07:10 PM
dream machine
Scooby Regular

andy,if you ever want to come to one of the meets i would beonly too happy to come and get yah,best of luck fella,
paul
Old 13 June 2009, 09:40 PM
WigboroughWRX
Scooby Regular

Thanks to everyone who has left a message here. I really appreciate the kind words and the offers of lifts to meets.
Life has been interesting the last two days since starting the medication, I was awake for over 30hours before a half hour nap in the chair. Also every time I yawned I felt nauseas which when you are super tired makes things interesting.
I have however managed a gentle 5k run round the farm this evening with no troubles so hopefully it won't affect my training too much.

Thanks again for all the comments.

Andy
Old 13 June 2009, 09:48 PM
dream machine
Scooby Regular

well andy,i dont know you well but what people have said about you is true ,you are a fighter and for that u have my upmost respect,you hang tuff fella and the very best of luck.
Old 16 June 2009, 09:22 PM
WigboroughWRX
Scooby Regular

Default Better news

Evening all, some good news for you all.

After a good chat with my boss about life etc and how I will be trying to move forward to get back on my feet. It has been decided that the scooby can stay

I'm going to take it to work tomorrow so it can go into storage until i'm ready to drive her again. he has kindly put the car on his insurance so i can cancel my insurance which will save me a few quid a month especially as i'm not earning anymore.
Happy days all round
it's amazing when the chips are down how people will go to such lengths to help you. He thought it would give me an incentive/carrott to focus on getting up and back on my feet as i've fallen in love with the scooby

Looking forward to meeting those going to Colchester for the cycling thursday night

Andy
Old 16 June 2009, 09:24 PM
Tiny
Scooby Regular

That's great , Great news Andy

Wasn't a bad suggestion either
Old 16 June 2009, 09:27 PM
dream machine
Scooby Regular

great news fella,glad ya baby is staying wiv yah,as i said before you have my best wishes and hope it aint for too long .
paul
Old 16 June 2009, 09:48 PM
Nurse Gladys
Scooby Regular

Location: Daily drive is a Scoob again - just what it should be!

Wow - what a gesture - and what a carrot to get you back 'up and running' if you'll excuse the pun!!

Fab news for a smashing bloke!!

Lets hope this is the first step forward!! Good Luck!!
Old 16 June 2009, 10:03 PM
customdanioc
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by WigboroughWRX
Evening all, some good news for you all.

After a good chat with my boss about life etc and how I will be trying to move forward to get back on my feet. It has been decided that the scooby can stay

I'm going to take it to work tomorrow so it can go into storage until i'm ready to drive her again. he has kindly put the car on his insurance so i can cancel my insurance which will save me a few quid a month especially as i'm not earning anymore.
Happy days all round
it's amazing when the chips are down how people will go to such lengths to help you. He thought it would give me an incentive/carrott to focus on getting up and back on my feet as i've fallen in love with the scooby

Looking forward to meeting those going to Colchester for the cycling thursday night

Andy

Andy, again just echoing what has been said, keep your chin up.............will be there Thurs eve
Old 17 June 2009, 09:15 PM
WigboroughWRX
Scooby Regular

Had my last day of fun today

A day of many lasts, my last drive in the scooby for a while, my last scooby wave at a Silver wagon in Earls colne, my last blat in a porsche(carrera2s)
I guess not many people can say the last car they drove was a Porsche.

All in all a good day. I'm hoping that I can now sit down and plan my attack to get back up and running now.

Hope you all have a good meet tomorrow night, and I look forward to seeing the chaps attending the cycling tomorrow night in Colchester

Thanks again for all the kind messages

Cheers, Andy.
Old 17 June 2009, 09:43 PM
FLAT ERIC
Scooby Regular

Location: You only live ONCE But if you do it right >>>>> ONCE is enough
Smile

Well at least you went out on a high & what a fitting way to finish one chapter & start on the next.

Till the next time then.