Notices
Essex Subaru Owners Club The official dedicated forum for Essex Subaru Owners Club Events.

wierdness in ESC

Search this Thread

Old 12 May 2009, 10:47 PM
WRX_Dazza
Scooby Regular

Location: Going further than the station and back !!! ZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzz
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wierdness in ESC

I'm not sure exactly what's been going on recently, but it seems people's
attitudes/situations/stress levels are running at 1000000%.

For the sake of the club itself i suggest any snipes grievances etc are taken up personally and this forum gets left with the respect and decorum that it once had.

There are a lot of great newbies about (some i know and some i dont) but what i like to say is that i personally welcome them all, but when they read the underlying messages portrayed on this forum/section, i sincerely wonder WTF they are doing being within 100 miles of this so called club.

Personally speaking, yes i have snapped at a few people and not without being wound up and with good cause. and at the end of the day, i stand by that and under no circumstances want anything to do with the person/people concerned (it is afterall my choice and my right as in individual).

The club, as whole is better than that and as such will continue to grow under the relentless efforts from the collective (you know who you are).

I personally dont really like the atmosphere right now and can honestly say that anyone who wants to make petty snipes can go **** themselves and anyone who wants to maintain a social gathering can come forward and progress. (i'm not bothered either way to be honest as the friends i have made i will continue to be friends with in or out of "ESC")

i look forward to some views. someone needed to say something so to the plate i have stepped.....

bring it on
Old 12 May 2009, 10:54 PM
frayz
Essex Area Moderator
Support Scoobynet!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Lol, trouble maker!
Old 12 May 2009, 10:57 PM
Nate
Scooby Regular

Name and shame
Old 12 May 2009, 11:02 PM
WRX_Dazza
Scooby Regular

name and shame no one mate, i already shook hands with you and apologised down the HWH that the last thing i needed on my annual German vacation was a 400db air horn, and as such took avoiding action, but no here we are a year later still crying about it......

next?
Old 12 May 2009, 11:07 PM
BeeSTi
Scooby Regular

Location: Things turn out best for those who make the best of the way things turn out

Well said young man ( straightforward, honest and very sincere, as always, A friend)

Darren
Old 12 May 2009, 11:08 PM
mrs_b4
Scooby Regular

Everyone know's what your talking about Dazza and I don't understand the need to bring this up on the forum again,if you personally have issues with certain people then maybe you should take it up with them personally,although I love watching a good row it may be time to leave it
Old 12 May 2009, 11:08 PM
Nate
Scooby Regular

No crying going on here, just getting (got) things off my chest.

I have spoken to others and said that o them as well.

I had let 'THE' thread drop (and still won't bring it back up), as my piece had been said, you were one of the few that actually made an effort after Germany to apologise, which I respected.

Any banter since, has been just that.

Next ?

Trending Topics

Old 12 May 2009, 11:16 PM
WRX_Dazza
Scooby Regular

thx for that up Nate, which i appreciate, but my only feelings are for the numerous new people which are joining. they (if they have any sense) are probably thinking WTF!!!

maybe its a good time to start some new banter and get everyone off to and even keel.

i'm not an expert in this field but just think it might be good, thats all.

people come and go after all and for good or bad, looks like we are all stuck with each other, which probably means something. either someone up there has it in for us, or we have common interests or mutual understanding that even we dont understand - i like to think its the latter !!

i'm off to bed in a much better frame of mind now.

but happy to pick this up in the morning.

PS: Mrs B4 not everyone knows everything, as some things only affect the minority. its the minority that can adjust this for the better of everyone IMHO.

Last edited by WRX_Dazza; 12 May 2009 at 11:19 PM.
Old 12 May 2009, 11:48 PM
Phil
Track Day Organiser

TBH Mate

All this thread will serve to do is resurect some obvious bad feeling between a couple of people

The ESC will continue regardless of individuals

So can we keep all this **** off the forums
Old 13 May 2009, 12:44 AM
WRX_Dazza
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Phil
TBH Mate

All this thread will serve to do is resurect some obvious bad feeling between a couple of people

another pointless "holier than thou post" it's a forum for discussion, not rows.

as for the bad feelings, they dont need resurrecting, they are there in full fookin force!!!

Last edited by WRX_Dazza; 13 May 2009 at 12:46 AM.
Old 13 May 2009, 07:27 AM
yellowvanman
Scooby Regular

Dazza, Hasn't there always been a lot of weirdness within the ESC?

In fact isn't all our oddness what makes it so unique?
Old 13 May 2009, 07:43 AM
Gangsta Smurf
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by WRX_Dazza

The club, as whole is better than that and as such will continue to grow under the relentless efforts from the collective (you know who you are).

I personally dont really like the atmosphere right now and can honestly say that anyone who wants to make petty snipes can go **** themselves and anyone who wants to maintain a social gathering can come forward and progress. (i'm not bothered either way to be honest as the friends i have made i will continue to be friends with in or out of "ESC")

Collective??? exactly the problem. People follow and don't lead anymore ... you weren't around at the beginning of the ESC so you don't know that the reason it was set up was to get away from cliques and collectives and be a place for people who didn't want to be sheep.

In anycase that is by the by because the club is dead in that respect. Also you are one of the worst people for sniping and provoking so you post is just another hypocritical one. I am no angel and I'll happily admit that but at least I am consistent and people who have known me from the beginning (nearly 8 years) will tell you that am honest about being a tw@t. But I have always supported the club financially and non-financially and people know they can call me if they need me (some people anyway.)

Lots of newbies come to meets and complain afterwards that they feel there is a definite up yourself attidude, even one of arrogance ... the days of open car door policies and taking people out for thrill rides are long gone and that is a shame.
Old 13 May 2009, 08:13 AM
e6tony
Scooby Regular

being a newbie i av 2 say that i dont think the club is full of arrogance(especially dazza), i av found that if you go out of your way to speak to people they will speak to you ! surely we all have atleast one thing in common,SCOOBS !!! yes the club will probably carry on regardless but surely the more members the better !!! just my views !!!

ps if anyone wants a thrill ride just ask !!!

Tony

Last edited by e6tony; 13 May 2009 at 08:33 AM.
Old 13 May 2009, 08:19 AM
e6graham
Scooby Regular

dazza i like it very much a bit of me must of rubbed off on you when you was washing my car ...your so right as being a newbie i do think wtf is all this bullsh*t rowing about...and why cant people grow up and pull themself together .. but i am glad that you got this sh*t off your chest and i hope this makes people understand what impact this is having on other esc members .. this is meant to be a place to talk about cars and chat and get help if needed NOT BITCH ABOUT WHAT HAPPENED YEARS AGO ........ i havent even met most of you in the club yet but when i see and here all the sh*t thats going on on here it makes me feel like i dont want to

so a big thumbs up from me dazza.........

Last edited by e6graham; 13 May 2009 at 08:23 AM.
Old 13 May 2009, 08:28 AM
Supercue
Scooby Regular

Cool Smilies are so much more fun dont you think?

I'm not sure exactly what's been going on recently, but it seems people's
attitudes/situations/stress levels are running at 1000000%.

For the sake of the club itself i suggest any snipes grievances etc are taken up personally and this forum gets left with the respect and decorum that it once had.

There are a lot of great newbies about (some i know and some i dont) but what i like to say is that i personally welcome them all, but when they read the underlying messages portrayed on this forum/section, i sincerely wonder WTF they are doing being within 100 miles of this so called club.

Personally speaking, yes i have snapped at a few people and not without being wound up and with good cause. and at the end of the day, i stand by that and under no circumstances want anything to do with the person/people concerned (it is afterall my choice and my right as in individual).

i look forward to some views. someone needed to say something so to the plate i have stepped.....

bring it on
: sleep::s leep::sl eep::sle ep::slee p:

Originally Posted by Gangsta Smurf
Collective??? exactly the problem. People follow and don't lead anymore ... you weren't around at the beginning of the ESC so you don't know that the reason it was set up was to get away from cliques and collectives and be a place for people who didn't want to be sheep.
: thumb::t humb::th umb::thu mb::thum b::thumb : : thumb::t humb::th umb::thu mb:

Also you are one of the worst people for sniping and provoking so your post is just another hypocritical one.

TBH Mate

the days of open car door policies and taking people out for thrill rides are long gone and that is a shame.
My policy has never changed Rob. Thrill rides are and always will be available on request
Old 13 May 2009, 08:37 AM
Milamber
Scooby Senior

We have an 18 month cycle of fall out's, it's been overdue for a while.

Funnily enough it's usually an 18 month cycle beyween Gangsta's posts too
Old 13 May 2009, 08:52 AM
Gangsta Smurf
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Supercue

My policy has never changed Rob. Thrill rides are and always will be available on request
last thrill ride I had with you we ended up picking up a feathery hitch hiker ... which you then tried to eat
Old 13 May 2009, 08:56 AM
Cornelius
Scooby Regular

last thrill ride I had with you we ended up picking up a feathery hitch hiker ... which you then tried to eat
Remeber that well, how funny was that
Old 13 May 2009, 09:01 AM
Phil
Track Day Organiser

another pointless "holier than thou post" it's a forum for discussion, not rows.
Did I deserve that?
Old 13 May 2009, 09:07 AM
Gangsta Smurf
Scooby Regular

Did I deserve that?
no ... the guy just completely distroyed any credibility of his original post from that comment. lol

.... not that it was ever credible.

Last edited by Gangsta Smurf; 13 May 2009 at 09:14 AM.
Old 13 May 2009, 09:09 AM
Supercue
Scooby Regular

Cool

I still have the pictures
Cracking day out that was do you remember the look on that RS200 drivers face as we screamed past him?

Originally Posted by Cornelius
Funny as **** lol
Did I deserve that?
Nope
Old 13 May 2009, 09:13 AM
Gangsta Smurf
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Cornelius
the sacrifice that had to be made in order to set what surely was the record for Shoebury - Lakeside.
Old 13 May 2009, 09:14 AM
e6tony
Scooby Regular

now now children !!! surely people can discuss what they like on a forum ???
Old 13 May 2009, 09:17 AM
Nate
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by e6graham
NOT BITCH ABOUT WHAT HAPPENED YEARS AGO
Graham,

I am sorry for how this looks to newbies, but it is the members that were already here that were the problem 9 months ago.

As most will know, I have been on the board since early 2001 and have been actively going to at least the Halfway House meet, and in all that time, I have missed 2-3 meets there.

The fallout that I created (rightly or wrongly), needed to be said, as it was playing on my mind, and I just kept it to myself, as soon as I made it public, it has (in my mind) wiped their slate clean and I am going to start afresh with them (if they want to have anything to do with me?), but they have to remember, 'They brought it on theirselves', I didn't ask to be snubbed the way i was, and it goes to show, as most have even snubbed my thread as well.

HTH

Phil,

No, you didn't deserve that ........ You are only trying to keep the peace, and you even requested me not to post my thread for the same reason
Old 13 May 2009, 09:19 AM
Gangsta Smurf
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Supercue
Cracking day out that was do you remember the look on that RS200 drivers face as we screamed past him?
lol epic moment. as was your language when he was in 'i'm an rs200 and i'm not letting you past mode.'

He was then overtaken by McRae in a citroen c2 (saxo replacement car - not sure what it is called)

Great day
Old 13 May 2009, 09:32 AM
WRX_Dazza
Scooby Regular

The whole reason for the post in the first place was to try and build bridges, not ignore them. however you look at it Phil, i didnt mean to be offensive to you, but your post served nothing constructive and rightly or wrongly i took it to mean "shut up Dazza and let people get on with it" - but as i said i meant NO offence at all.

Its taken me a fair while and i always treat people how i'd expect to be treated myself (wherever possible) but i guess i now have the true measure of certain people, which
probably wont change.

The real attraction of the ESC for me was the ability to drop in and out of meets, not feeling oblidged to be everywhere all of the time.

I hope this continues and people still have FUN.

I generally start laughing about 2 mins after i get up each day and go through the day doing the same. i wish others the same !!

thanks for listening

over and out rubber ducks ! (not OUT literally you understand!!)

Old 13 May 2009, 09:48 AM
e6graham
Scooby Regular

nate!
thanx for clearing that up mate, i avnt had a chance to get down to the hwh meet yet but maybe this week so will hopefully meet you then! my comments are just how a newbie sees things and think lifes to short and we should all just get on!

graham
Old 13 May 2009, 09:57 AM
Phil
Track Day Organiser

Cheers for the PM Daz
Old 13 May 2009, 10:13 AM
Ms Gooner 1
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by e6graham
lifes to short and we should all just get on!
Indeed! However, that said, throughout life it would be impossible to get along with everyone. Everybody is different and sometimes people just clash.
Old 13 May 2009, 10:19 AM
e6tony
Scooby Regular

As i said before ! We all have atleast one thing in common !
Our love of SCOOBIES!!!
lets just spread the love people !!!

Quick Reply: wierdness in ESC