Notices
Essex Subaru Owners Club The official dedicated forum for Essex Subaru Owners Club Events.

All the guys that were invited to the Lodge

Search this Thread

Old 04 May 2009, 12:12 PM
Mrs ESC
Scooby Regular

Location: Loving the ESC FAMILY thing. F*CK the TROUBLE MAKERS :D
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default All the guys that were invited to the Lodge

This was a surprise for Tiny thought up by our kids.

This is now cancelled, Due to " idiots that cant keep their big gobs shut.

Sorry Guys but think we will have a quiet night in with a takeaway. Hopefully they cant spoil that.

Sorry again everyone.

But Im sure next weekend will be great though.
Old 04 May 2009, 12:40 PM
rhybeck
Scooby Regular

sorry to hear that years later there are still a few spoiling manys fun
Old 04 May 2009, 01:03 PM
Phil
Track Day Organiser

Was looking forward to this
Old 04 May 2009, 01:55 PM
Tiny
Scooby Regular

Bleeding great

Just about put's the finishing touches to a great weekend

Firstly Saturday night whilst @ the Posers cruise , Supercue offers me out for a fight regarding the way that him & Nate were mis treated by myself & other members of the ESC Germany group 2008 , And my deletion of a recent thread of his that i & other ESC Members see as a personal attack on WRX_Dazza

Secondly he has great pleasure in telling Phil that he is going to spread me all over the car park when he See's me next .

Thirdly i have Karen , Courtney & Shain all sat in here in tears after Big Ron ( Also Supercue ) Blabs on another thread that there was to be a get together to celebrate my 40th Birthday at the lodge this coming Thursday that i was totally un aware of .

Time for me to get out of here
Old 04 May 2009, 02:11 PM
wozzaa
Scooby Regular

It saddens me to read about these threads & behaviour
Old 04 May 2009, 02:15 PM
Budgie
Scooby Regular

that a shame karen, was looking forward to that
thanks for the invite anyhow
will have to celebrate my birthday at home too now
Old 04 May 2009, 02:55 PM
lollyMccray
Scooby Regular

We are sorry to read what has been going on at the moment Still enjoy your 40th mate it only ever happens once, well in my case every year
Old 04 May 2009, 03:04 PM
PHAT C
Scooby Regular

What a massive shame was looking forward to helping tiny celebrate his birthday
Old 04 May 2009, 04:45 PM
yellowvanman
Scooby Regular

Thought about posting for a while, certainly do not want to make matters worse.
I get on with and banter with those on both sides of this fall out, but have never been involved with the WRC events, and therefore don't understand the background.

Feelings are obviously running a bit high, but it is still unfortunate that the surprise has been spoilt.

Tiny and Karen, Disappointing as that may be, but please don't allow that to completely spoil things.
The surprise is gone, which is an obvious shame, but you still have many friends that would like to share your big birthday with you, and not all of us will be 'knitting' next weekend.
Why not still go to the Lodge, or even another venue, as I have said the surprise is gone, but the desire to say Happy Birthday from friends remains.

Tiny, I suspect you feel that this is the final straw re ESC, and indeed in your shoes I would prob feel the same. However do remember that there is plenty more to the social side of the ESC than just the car and posers, etc. Hell we haven't had a scoob for nearly a year, yet still enjoy the social events as before, just don't feel like doing the car based things anymore.

Chin up

See you soon.

YUM
Old 04 May 2009, 04:54 PM
Budgie
Scooby Regular

well said yum
come over to middlesex
its all peace and love over here
Old 04 May 2009, 04:56 PM
Phil
Track Day Organiser

Hear hear
Old 04 May 2009, 05:03 PM
Mrs ESC
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Tiny

Time for me to get out of here
With all the events going on this weekend, going to a meet and being threatered, surely this can only help in your decision to say goodbye to everything ESC.

Such a shame it has come to this, but your time here has ended.
Old 04 May 2009, 05:12 PM
Scooby Senior

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Old 04 May 2009, 05:23 PM
Mrs ESC
Scooby Regular

Yeah thats our lot now had fun.

I'll still be at the lodge with the girls and maybe out with the clicky lot but not much else.
Old 04 May 2009, 05:45 PM
Milamber
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by Tiny
Firstly Saturday night whilst @ the Posers cruise , Supercue offers me out for a fight

Secondly he has great pleasure in telling Phil that he is going to spread me all over the car park when he See's me next .

Andy,

What makes you think this is appropriate behaviour in ANY circumstances, we all left school many years ago and this kind of stuff wasn't even appropriate there.

Threats of violence against any member of the ESC is so far beyond the realms of acceptability it's untrue.

We are a family group and why anyone would want to attend a meet where you may "kick off" at any moment about an event that happened over a year ago is beyond me.

I've never sided with anyone over this but your actions have made me question my involvement. The Brighton trip has been set up, whether I go or not now remains to be decided.

Chris
Old 04 May 2009, 06:24 PM
Supercue
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Milamber
Andy,

What makes you think this is appropriate behaviour in ANY circumstances, we all left school many years ago and this kind of stuff wasn't even appropriate there.

Threats of violence against any member of the ESC is so far beyond the realms of acceptability it's untrue.

We are a family group and why anyone would want to attend a meet where you may "kick off" at any moment about an event that happened over a year ago is beyond me.

I've never sided with anyone over this but your actions have made me question my involvement. The Brighton trip has been set up, whether I go or not now remains to be decided.

Chris
Chris this is all so one sided.
No mention of the provocation on Tinys part is there?
You obviously dont know me well enough Chris but those that do would readily agree that I do not spark up unless severely provoked!

I love the family side and have involved my children from when this idea first formed. At no point were Tiny's or my actions seen by any children nor would that be the case in the future, at least not on my part anyways.

Tinyese whispers of me spreading him around the Car-Park on sight are exaggerated at best, although it's fair to say that I was a tad non-plussed after our little tete a tate on Saturday night.

I certainly dont want you or anybody else to avoid family days out just because what's gone on between Tiny and myself.

As I've said previously if I do upset anyone I'll apologise unlike some. Now if my actions have offended you I apologise but get to know all of the facts first before judging me!
Old 04 May 2009, 07:40 PM
Joooooooooo
Scooby Regular

Cant believe it, kids will be gutted as they were looking foward to Thursday just to see Tinys face and wish him a big happy birthday.
Good job those same kids were not there on Saturday either as they would have been so upset.
weather people like it or not Tiny is a big part of the ESC well infact he IS the ESC, and all this crap about his sheep just makes me believe their jelous that his so popular maybe?
Old 04 May 2009, 08:04 PM
bigmick
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Joooooooooo
Cant believe it, kids will be gutted as they were looking foward to Thursday just to see Tinys face and wish him a big happy birthday.
Good job those same kids were not there on Saturday either as they would have been so upset.
weather people like it or not Tiny is a big part of the ESC well infact he IS the ESC, and all this crap about his sheep just makes me believe their jelous that his so popular maybe?
So true...........
and its always the same little click moaning about Tiny and his heard of followers.......
i say live with it and if you dont like it go

Chin up MR & MRS ESC......
Old 04 May 2009, 08:25 PM
Budgie
Scooby Regular

sorry joooooo, just want to pull you up on one thing
tiny is a big part of the esc
but he is not the esc
he is a normal bloke who likes to live life to the full
and spend his time with other like minded people
this like mindedness is not all about scoobys as most of you will know
the esc should and will survive without tiny
and the clickyness will move to the next hardcore group
i have the advantage of viewing all this from a distance
and if speaking out of turn so be it
but i have great respect for tiny and karen
and am gutted i cannot share my birthday with him and karen plus esc
we all have the right to say what we feel
but there is a time and a place i'm sure you will agree
Old 04 May 2009, 08:33 PM
ABW
Former Sponsor

I'm often on here , as I know a few are , just reading and not always commenting . As I was part of the Germany 08 group I think on this occasion I should offer my take on this . I agree with Nate and Supercue's grievances over the way they were treated , I for one am not particularly proud of myself as I'm sure individually no one is and would gladly offer an apology . Tiny should in no way be singled out as a ringleader or shepherd though . Tiny I'm sure as an individual knows that it was not particularly fair . However we weren't alone we were in a group and in my opinion should be judged as such .
With regards to any other issues which have brought this to a head I have only read what has been written on here which I'm sure we all know can very easily be taken the wrong way an escalate into a non existent issue .
Old 04 May 2009, 08:51 PM
Nate
Scooby Regular

Darren,

Many thanks, I am glad that you also do see things from our perspective.

I have great admiration for Tiny and Karen for what they have set up and how involved they are and have been.

I will admit, it has taken some time for me to express my true feelings 'publicly'. Me starting the thread has been judged because 'why would you do it publicly, when you can PM your concerns'. Personally with those involved, I would rather do it this way, as there were a fair few, and personally, the only people to treat us the same in Germany as they do here, were Ed, Ross and Rob.

It has taken this time, for me to think things through properly, as I do think before I act ....... Well at least on issues like this.

Whilst I do not condone Andy's actions, at the same time, I was not there so cannot judge either way.

I would like to think of myself within the ESC as someone that is always eager to help others out ..... Be it dragging their Land Rover out of the mud ( ), or personal issues that I will not discuss with others, I would hope you would always trust and ask me if you needed help with anything.

I also would not have started this thread yet, if I had known that a surprise party was not going to be a surprise anymore, for that alone, I apologise.
Old 04 May 2009, 09:04 PM
ABW
Former Sponsor

Listen mate the few you have mentioned there are as guilty as the rest of us for there inaction's as much as there actions so as I think on this one we should be judged as a whole
Old 04 May 2009, 09:06 PM
John1uk
Scooby Regular

Not got stuck since Nate

learnt my lesson....but i still not got used to those gears
Old 04 May 2009, 09:06 PM
Nate
Scooby Regular

No problems mate, I see where you are coming from.
Old 04 May 2009, 09:07 PM
Nate
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by John1uk
Not got stuck since Nate

learnt my lesson....but i still not got used to those gears

Not much to it really mate, just go off-roading and get used to them , same as you would do with a fast car at a track day
Old 04 May 2009, 09:35 PM
Supercue
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ABW
I'm often on here , as I know a few are , just reading and not always commenting . As I was part of the Germany 08 group I think on this occasion I should offer my take on this . I agree with Nate and Supercue's grievances over the way they were treated , I for one am not particularly proud of myself as I'm sure individually no one is and would gladly offer an apology . Tiny should in no way be singled out as a ringleader or shepherd though . Tiny I'm sure as an individual knows that it was not particularly fair . However we weren't alone we were in a group and in my opinion should be judged as such .
With regards to any other issues which have brought this to a head I have only read what has been written on here which I'm sure we all know can very easily be taken the wrong way an escalate into a non existent issue .
Darren thank you for being honest and good enough to post that up. It's quite refreshing
Old 04 May 2009, 11:21 PM
Adidas
Scooby Regular

Old 05 May 2009, 02:14 AM
g!nge
Scooby Regular

Location: Being scared Sh!tless by Nate banging on the window :D

can i just ask why is it that tiny's 40th birthday has been ruined? ok granted the little thing you had planned was ruined but on the other hand why are you letting it take over the whole birthday?! Can you not think of somewhere else to go or think of another surprise?

Another point i think people should think about is the fact that the germany fiasco happened last year. Now if it has taken this long for Nate to finally speak up about it doesnt it go to show how poor a social group this is? If someone can not talk about how they feel they have been treated, how is it meant to grow stronger and better?

Look at the whole mexican thing, some people felt it was too strong and crossed the line, so you shut the thread down. you responded to how you felt. Now Nate responded to how he felt over the germany thing and how he generally felt he was being treated by posting a thread and gettin it out and in the open. we all deal with things in different ways so i dont think anyone has the right to criticise him.

Ive been brought up to know that every action has a reaction. If you treat someone like you did expect something to come of it. You can never expect to treat someone like crap and think they will let you get away with it.

Just accept how they feel, surely those involved know they were in the wrong and should apologise (i know one already has). Yeah everyone isn't going to get on all the time but if you have upset or angered someone atleast be man enough to deal with the consequences and dont get aggy over how they have reacted to it because you can never help how you feel.
Old 05 May 2009, 06:17 AM
Mrs ESC
Scooby Regular

Tiny's Birthday was planned for Thursday at the lodge and it has been ruined, because it was posted up by BIG RON.

Why should I think of somewhere else to hold this as it has taken time and effort to arrange in the first place. The lodge is where we like to go as its family friendly and not to far for us to go as we live in Mayland. Some of us have to get up for work in the mornings at 5am, so that is why we were having it there.

Bit late for a SURPRISE for him now as the SURPRISE thing has gone and I think he will suss anything else out.

If Nate went to a few more meets then maybe this might have been aired a long time ago. But if he chooses not to go to other meet it up to him. I had nothing against Nate or your dad till this all blow up. Nate is a nice guy. And as for your dad wanting to fight Tiny then plz that is a total joke, Tiny isnt the fighting type and never will be he would rather talk than spill bloody about it. We are talking about grown men here arent we. And why the hell pick on 1 person out of 13 when they were all in Germany and all involved. as ABW has stated.

If the SURPRISE hadnt been posted up then things would have been just fine. The invites were sent out last week to the people me and the kids wanted there. If I wanted everyone there then I would have posted the detail on a new thread as I do when I have my BBQ's in the summer for my birthday. The lodge isnt that big and already have a function on there on Thursday so didnt want to over crowd the place. Tiny is always doing thing for others so it would have been nice to do this for him, as he said last night he never really gets surprises. Told everyone I pm'd not to mention it so not to ruin things

As for Germany that has nothing to do with me or my kids, I didnt read the threads as I wasnt going so didnt care. didnt know the ins and out till this weekend any how. And as for the rest of the trouble I wasnt involved.

Well there are a few on here that probably wanted Tiny to give up this Job so you now have your wish and he has gone.

Roll on the weekend with good friends to enjoy his birthday and our anniversary. Bring it on

Bye from MRS ESC
Old 05 May 2009, 10:04 AM
MadOli
Scooby Regular

Location: No more pretending... I'm in a Scoob - yippeee!!! :D

Originally Posted by g!nge
can i just ask why is it that tiny's 40th birthday has been ruined? ok granted the little thing you had planned was ruined but on the other hand why are you letting it take over the whole birthday?! Can you not think of somewhere else to go or think of another surprise?

Another point i think people should think about is the fact that the germany fiasco happened last year. Now if it has taken this long for Nate to finally speak up about it doesnt it go to show how poor a social group this is? If someone can not talk about how they feel they have been treated, how is it meant to grow stronger and better?

Look at the whole mexican thing, some people felt it was too strong and crossed the line, so you shut the thread down. you responded to how you felt. Now Nate responded to how he felt over the germany thing and how he generally felt he was being treated by posting a thread and gettin it out and in the open. we all deal with things in different ways so i dont think anyone has the right to criticise him.

Ive been brought up to know that every action has a reaction. If you treat someone like you did expect something to come of it. You can never expect to treat someone like crap and think they will let you get away with it.

Just accept how they feel, surely those involved know they were in the wrong and should apologise (i know one already has). Yeah everyone isn't going to get on all the time but if you have upset or angered someone atleast be man enough to deal with the consequences and dont get aggy over how they have reacted to it because you can never help how you feel.

Quick Reply: All the guys that were invited to the Lodge