Notices
Essex Subaru Owners Club The official dedicated forum for Essex Subaru Owners Club Events.

London and Edinburgh marathons

Search this Thread

Old 18 April 2009, 11:52 AM
WigboroughWRX
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default London and Edinburgh marathons

Hi everyone, I'm still gutted I didn't make it to the Lodge Thursday night, I thought it would be a big no-no turning up in the navara truck as my boss had my scoobie . Nevermind.

Tiny recommended I put a post up here about my two marathon attempts which i'm doing very very soon. I'm running both the London and Edinburgh marathons which are on the 26th April and 31st May. I'm trying to raise money for MIND the mental health charity who looked after me fantastically well when I was in hopsital just under 2 years ago .

I have a website which is www.forgottenone.co.uk and this explains my illness in more detail, and there is a link to a just-giving site. Every little helps and any sponsorship would be very much appreciated.

Hopefully I will be able to make the next meeting and finally get to meet you all, i'll even be able to bring one out of the two medals along.
Thankyou everyone.
Andy.
Old 23 April 2009, 08:58 PM
Tiny
Scooby Regular

Hi Andy ..

Just wishing you the best of luck for the marathon on Sunday

I Have read in great detail the information on your site regarding your illness & for me it makes it even more fascinating that you are competing in this great race

I Have added £10 to your chosen charity

Best of luck buddy
Old 24 April 2009, 07:08 AM
WigboroughWRX
Scooby Regular

Thankyou ever so much Tiny, it really is appreciated. It's more than just about running 26.2miles this weekend, just getting to the start line has been an interesting journey! I'm off to the city in a bit to collect my number which is exciting
I'll let you know how it goes.
Thanks again, Andy.
Old 24 April 2009, 08:32 AM
BRI4N
Scooby Regular

Just sponsored you Andy.

Having just read through your website I can't imagine what it must be like to live with your condition. I have the utmost respect for anyone that runs a marathon, but to do it knowing that within 2 days you will not be able to re-call every little detail of the experience. I think most people would just think "why bother?" and not take part.

So, huge respect to you Andy, best of luck on Sunday and I hope to see you at a meet real soon.

Brian.

P.S. Some great pics of great cars on the website, but, where's the pics of the best one? The Scoob.
Old 24 April 2009, 08:42 PM
WigboroughWRX
Scooby Regular

Your a star Brian, thanks for the donation and the kind words. Much appreciated.
Funny enough I got round to taking some piccies of my Scoobie yesterday after i got it cleaned so i will get them up soon.
I'm just adding photos from the expo today so check out the "London photos" soon.
Thanks again Andy