Notices
Essex Subaru Owners Club The official dedicated forum for Essex Subaru Owners Club Events.

eBay potential problem #568

Search this Thread

Old 10 March 2009, 10:50 AM
Cocker
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default eBay potential problem #568

I had my full set of suspension recently for sale on eBay which ended Sunday night. Over the week I had quite a few people watching it. On Sunday morning I had a guy send me a message saying he was only interested in the front two only as on his 02 STI his front driver’s side was knackered and needed replacing. He asked me how much would I want and because he lived in Kent, he would be willing to pick them up. This guy had been an eBay member since 2002, has a rating of 137 with 100% feedback

I sent him a message back approx 30 mins later saying hadn’t really got a clue what the fronts was worth so make me an offer and if nobody bids on all 4 then we can sort something out. I never heard back from him all day.

Anyway the auction ends with just one bid which was fine – a guy in Liverpool, member since 2004, rating of 95 and 100% feedback. I sent him an invoice on Sunday night stating to contact me and I can give him the size and weight of the boxes so his courier could collect. As I type this, he has not yet paid and I’ve heard nothing from him

Last night I receive a message from Kent guy saying that to let him know if I didn’t sell them and he offered me over double what the winning bid was. The message was sent after the auction had closed

Now it all sounds a bit fishy to me – Kent guy must have been watching the auction so he would have seen what the winning bid was so why didn’t he just say if it falls through, I’ll pay what the other guy did?
  • So do I send the winner a message saying pay up or I’ll report him
  • Wait a few days, do nothing with the winner then contact Kent guy and ask if he’s still interested.
  • Ignore everything and just put it down to (yet another) crappy experience on eBay
  • Anything else?
Old 10 March 2009, 11:01 AM
Scooby Senior

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Wait for the ebay winner to contact you Dan. If he flops go through the channels for reporting recouping fees etc. If the other guy is that interested he will wait. You don't want to risk a bad rating, especially if you didn't state time frame for payment etc ?

Just a suggestion, give them a bit of a clean everyone knows shiney is worth more
Old 10 March 2009, 11:12 AM
WRX_Dazza
Scooby Regular

Location: Going further than the station and back !!! ZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzz
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

.... what he said !!!
Old 10 March 2009, 11:12 AM
Cornelius
Scooby Regular

As Stu says, strictly speaking, you have to wait 7 days before you can file a non payment claim, then another 7 days before you can claim the final value fees.
Old 10 March 2009, 10:20 PM
Cocker
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

S'ok - been paid now. Bummer as i could of made double! Oh well a bird in the hand etc etc
Old 10 March 2009, 10:33 PM
Cornelius
Scooby Regular

Look at it this way mate, if the guy from Kent wanted them that badly, he would of bidded on them and not just"watched" the listing, you may of saved yourself a bit of grief