Notices
Essex Subaru Owners Club The official dedicated forum for Essex Subaru Owners Club Events.

esc boat fishing trip sunday 2nd novenber

Search this Thread

Old 11 October 2008, 06:39 AM
jon700
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default esc boat fishing trip sunday 2nd novenber

Well lets hope its third time lucky!! We are going on the predator 111 with rob wilks the skipper based at north fambridge. there are 8 places available so there is plenty of space on board. We shall be fishing for cod (and anything else) Time is still yet to be confirmed but will be probably meet at the marina at 6am.A full english brekkie is available(at extra cost) before we leave so if you want one then please put a b next to your name.If you need rod and tackle then please let me know.The rough cost per person is £40 which includes bait tackle and loads of cups of tea! we are normally out for around 12hrs so this is excellent value for money.If you have any questions then ask away jon

1 jon700 B
Old 11 October 2008, 07:20 AM
Tiny
Scooby Regular

[quote=jon700;8191266]Well lets hope its third time lucky!! We are going on the predator 111 with rob wilks the skipper based at north fambridge. there are 8 places available so there is plenty of space on board. We shall be fishing for cod (and anything else) Time is still yet to be confirmed but will be probably meet at the marina at 6am.A full english brekkie is available(at extra cost) before we leave so if you want one then please put a b next to your name.If you need rod and tackle then please let me know.The rough cost per person is £40 which includes bait tackle and loads of cups of tea! we are normally out for around 12hrs so this is excellent value for money.If you have any questions then ask away jon

1 jon700 B
2Tiny
3Shain
4KevD

Nice one Jon , Rob have a new boat Or do you mean Dawenbreaker 3
Old 11 October 2008, 07:42 AM
jon700
Scooby Regular

Half way already!
Old 13 October 2008, 09:10 PM
Tiny
Scooby Regular

Well lets hope its third time lucky!! We are going on the predator 111 with rob wilks the skipper based at north fambridge. there are 8 places available so there is plenty of space on board. We shall be fishing for cod (and anything else) Time is still yet to be confirmed but will be probably meet at the marina at 6am.A full english brekkie is available(at extra cost) before we leave so if you want one then please put a b next to your name.If you need rod and tackle then please let me know.The rough cost per person is £40 which includes bait tackle and loads of cups of tea! we are normally out for around 12hrs so this is excellent value for money.If you have any questions then ask away jon

1 jon700 B

2 Tiny

3 Shain

4 KevD

5Kev D's Brother In Law

6KevD's Nephew

7 Hales (tbc)

8John1uk ????
Old 13 October 2008, 11:22 PM
jon700
Scooby Regular

john 1 uk confirmed!!!!
Old 13 October 2008, 11:23 PM
jon700
Scooby Regular

full house cant wait. will be good to see you all again as ages since weve been
Old 16 October 2008, 06:15 AM
Tiny
Scooby Regular

Default Hales unable to make this now :(

1 jon700 B

2 Tiny

3 Shain

4 KevD

5Kev D's Brother In Law

6KevD's Nephew

7 . John1uk

Trending Topics

Old 18 October 2008, 08:00 AM
Tiny
Scooby Regular

1 More place left

Anyone ...........................?
Old 19 October 2008, 07:45 PM
Tiny
Scooby Regular

Default Wahooooooooooooo ***FULL HOUSE***

1. jon700 B

2. Tiny

3. Shain

4 . KevD

5. Kev D's Brother In Law

6. KevD's Nephew

7 . John1uk

8. Big Mick
Old 20 October 2008, 08:07 AM
kevdsti
Scooby Regular

Brekie and rod and takle for me brother in law and nephew please
Old 24 October 2008, 04:47 PM
Tiny
Scooby Regular

Hi Jon

Any news on the timings for this event please mate ?

Im sure that everyone is up for breakfast & a nice coffee in the cafe before we go out to sea

Im sure last time out we met @ the gate @ 6am

Please can you confirm as i need to let a few of the others know

Tiny ...
Old 25 October 2008, 11:47 PM
John1uk
Scooby Regular

Sorry guys but i have to cancel this boat trip, as something has come up and i wont be here on sunday.
Old 25 October 2008, 11:48 PM
John1uk
Scooby Regular

1. jon700 B

2. Tiny

3. Shain

4 . KevD

5. Kev D's Brother In Law

6. KevD's Nephew

7 .This Space Available

8. Big Mick
Old 26 October 2008, 01:01 PM
jon700
Scooby Regular

thats a real shame john still hopefully youll be able to make the next one. tiny sorry for delay will post details for the trip as soon as i have spoken to rob. i will try to find someone to replace john unless there is someone else who wants to take his place j
Old 27 October 2008, 09:09 PM
Tiny
Scooby Regular

1 spare place still available

ANYONE ?
Old 29 October 2008, 01:29 AM
jon700
Scooby Regular

poss got a n other to fill johns spot but will find out on wed am. wind guru not looking too good at mo but fingers crossed surely its got to be third time lucky!! meeting at the gates as per normal at 6am then have somebreakie then off to fish. as soon as i get any news then i will post it. j
Old 29 October 2008, 06:28 PM
Tiny
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by jon700
poss got a n other to fill johns spot but will find out on wed am. wind guru not looking too good at mo but fingers crossed surely its got to be third time lucky!! meeting at the gates as per normal at 6am then have somebreakie then off to fish. as soon as i get any news then i will post it. j

Ok Mate Thanks

Cant see this happening now tho mate unless there's a dtrastic change in the weather
Old 29 October 2008, 09:57 PM
jon700
Scooby Regular

spoke to rob today and he seems quite optimistic. was saying about a high and low pressure and not sure what way it was going to go. so as i said earlier fingers and now toes crossed!!!!!
Old 30 October 2008, 06:19 AM
Tiny
Scooby Regular

spoke to rob today and he seems quite optimistic. was saying about a high and low pressure and not sure what way it was going to go. so as i said earlier fingers and now toes crossed!!!!!
Lets hope so eh Jon

Though im still doubtfull , Now looks like the calmer day is going to be on Saturday with it blowing up on Sunday

Still everything crossed here
Old 31 October 2008, 07:04 PM
Tiny
Scooby Regular

What's the decision then ?

It must be touch & go , The forecast does look a lttle better

But still a little blowy 9 - 10mph From the North ( Will be kin cold )

Im happy just to go out & fish in the River if need be
Old 31 October 2008, 10:32 PM
jon700
Scooby Regular

have spoken to rob again tonite and it seems we are on for sunday!!!! the winds seem to be dropping so it seems third time lucky will confirm sat midday.
Old 01 November 2008, 08:14 AM
Tiny
Scooby Regular

have spoken to rob again tonite and it seems we are on for sunday!!!! the winds seem to be dropping so it seems third time lucky will confirm sat midday.
Wahooooooooooooooooo Brilliant

Jon .. Do us a favour mate & text me for deff @ Midday please if you would mate , Im out all day & will need to stock up on essentials on the way home

Tiny

0771 3946767
Old 01 November 2008, 09:04 AM
Tiny
Scooby Regular

Default Big Mick - Bailed out now :(

1 spare place still available

Old 01 November 2008, 03:00 PM
bigmick
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

Sorry guys,was really looking forward too this,but as having a day off work last week has left me short,so cant really afford it
Old 01 November 2008, 07:00 PM
Tiny
Scooby Regular

Ok guys this is now 100% Confirmed as GO GO GO

Im so looking forward to this bring it on

I Have also found a replacement for our last minute blow out earlier , So everyone still gets to pay £50 All in

Next time i really feel that ALL Monies must be paid up front , So if anyone does bail @ the last minute the rest of the party does not have to foot the bill

8 Breakfasts booked in the cafe @ 6-15am ( £5)

See you guys bright & early
Old 01 November 2008, 11:02 PM
Phil
Track Day Organiser

Have a good one guys
Old 02 November 2008, 05:44 AM
Tiny
Scooby Regular

Just leaving

Will update with Pics later

Hopefully it WILL BE Fresh COD & Homemade chips for tea
Old 03 November 2008, 12:32 PM
hales
Scooby Regular

Hope ya had a good one, nice carm seas plenty of fish

maybe i can make the next one
Old 03 November 2008, 07:35 PM
Tiny
Scooby Regular

Default Probably my best days fishing ever :) :) :) ;) :) !!

Dawnbreaker 3 report Sun 2nd November

Well after watching the forecast all week leading up untill sunday , I Thought here we go again another trip to be cancelled due to the poxy weather ( Our last two outings had been cancelled )

But the call comes through from Rob @ Midday on Saturday that it's GO GO GO !!

The breif was to meet up @ the boatyard @ 6am For full english breakfast & to be on the boat @ 7am.

With a varied ability of angler in our party of 8 & a couple of youngsters thrown into boot we were all looking forward to a great days fishing

We were not to be dissapointed , Top Skipper Rob Wilks put us straight over the cod & the first couple of hours were to be hectic to say the least , With every angler catching , Within the first hour 3 cod all @ 7lb had been landed .

Things did calm down & we see lots of small codling , Whiting , Lots of poxy doggies ( Lost count but there must of been over 80 fish landed ) 90% Of these were returned to be caught another day

A Quick move @ Lunchtime see us over the top of another very good spot , 3 Roker were landed & another couple of very nice cod , But still there were lots & lots of small stuf , But we were happy to be catching .

For me though it proved to be the day....

" Of the 2 that got away !!

Bang go's down the rod bent double over the handrail , I Pull into it , Shouts of Big " Double Cod " Are heard , I Make in roads to get the fish onto the boat , See the leading trace & then all of a sudden , Bang gone !!

Im left we have a poxy little 6" Long battered whiting on my hook , Im informed the cod had picked up the whiting & i had not planted the hook into the cod , Would you believe it that 20 mins later , The same thing happened to me again , The guys nearly see a grown man cry i tell ya , Still i'll be out again & hopefully i can get one landed

A Few Pics for your enjoyment

A Great day was had by all , So good we made another 12 Bookings with Rob for one trip a month in 2009

Last edited by Tiny; 03 November 2008 at 07:38 PM.
Old 03 November 2008, 08:15 PM
kevdsti
Scooby Regular

Deadliest catch next for you big boy

thanks for a great day what a laugh seeing you in tears nearly when that great white got away pmsl

Quick Reply: esc boat fishing trip sunday 2nd novenber