Notices
Essex Subaru Owners Club The official dedicated forum for Essex Subaru Owners Club Events.

need ya help again i think

Search this Thread

Old 27 August 2008, 10:34 PM
madmooro
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question need ya help again i think

ok had the car 5 years . and have had this problem before but was rectified with the normal of cleaning the air filter and maf (dishwasher / carb cleaner?

i have a air fuel flow meter in a pod at side of the window post and i always was told if it does any thing out of the normal to worry and get it checked

its always flicked from lean to rich across the rev range .and that has been the norm

it started to do the normal and start to stay on the richer side of things so i took the air filter out and washed it in the dish washer and took the maf out and gave it a good spraying with carb cleaner (which has always worked before)

but now its starts and stays super rich until warm and then once warm it stays lean /normal never goes rich (it has always flicked between the three )

it some times will feel like its hunting if thats the right expression too use too until warm also .i disconnected the maf and the car idle nearly died

when its running normal as is of the moment it doesn't feel any different

any help ideas my friendly essex scooby crew

i just thought also i had to remove a heat shield from the bottom right of the headers and there is now a sensor that is exsposed .if that helps

full turbo back 2.5 inch decat and a h&s uppipe fitted and k&n filter .all been on for ages and as i say above it just started doing this month .95 wagon
Old 29 August 2008, 08:56 PM
madmooro
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

bump any one .

does it sound like a problem of some thing breaking down