Notices
Essex Subaru Owners Club The official dedicated forum for Essex Subaru Owners Club Events.

Message for Dave (S600B DC)

Search this Thread

Old 18 May 2008, 11:54 PM
marky1973
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Message for Dave (S600B DC)

Hi Dave,

Just bought your old car yesterday & pick it up mid week. Been trawling all the forums to find out who'd had it.

If you dont mind me asking, what did you change before selling it on, did you put a cat back on for MOT reasons etc, somewhere on a thread it mentions you changed/remapped because of this, is it now down on power to when you had it done by Mocom Racing ?

If so, what would I need to do to get it back as it was ?

Also, which head unit did you have in there as I'd like to put the same in if it was an easy swap for the original ?

Sorry for all the questions, lovely car mate

Thanks in advance

Mark.

Last edited by marky1973; 19 May 2008 at 12:08 AM.
Old 19 May 2008, 08:29 AM
Diesel_DC
Scooby Regular

Location: Back in Diesel wonderland - 3.0 TDi Quattro A4, with more toys than Ann Summers...lol

Hello mate,

No problem with the questions,

I stuck the 2 centre cats back on for a bit of legality as I 'forgot' to mention it was decatted

Also had a flamer on which was removed.

I had the original map put back on by Zak @ Mocom so should be back to running around 300 which is what the PPP'd cars put out.

If you want to decat then doing that along with a mocom remap should put it back to around 287 WHP which equates to 330 ish, I had it on the rollers and got 350bhp.

Mods still on it are the induction kit, and ported headers, and the obligatory dump valve, also it has a whiteline rear ARB and droplinks.

I have a wallet full of receipts and info on the car that I saved in case someone contacted me about the car (dealer would have just dumped it probably) so your welcome to that to add to the rest of the history

Head unit I had was a Pioneer DEHP80- MP with a silver forester pocket to fill up the gap.

Good luck with the car, hope you had as much enjoyment as I did

ps, I have a strut brace for sale, and the number S600BDC is also available if your interested
Old 19 May 2008, 08:33 AM
frayz
Essex Area Moderator
Support Scoobynet!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Are based in Essex too Mark?
Old 19 May 2008, 08:42 PM
marky1973
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by S600B_DC
Hello mate,

No problem with the questions,

I stuck the 2 centre cats back on for a bit of legality as I 'forgot' to mention it was decatted

Also had a flamer on which was removed.

I had the original map put back on by Zak @ Mocom so should be back to running around 300 which is what the PPP'd cars put out.

If you want to decat then doing that along with a mocom remap should put it back to around 287 WHP which equates to 330 ish, I had it on the rollers and got 350bhp.

Mods still on it are the induction kit, and ported headers, and the obligatory dump valve, also it has a whiteline rear ARB and droplinks.

I have a wallet full of receipts and info on the car that I saved in case someone contacted me about the car (dealer would have just dumped it probably) so your welcome to that to add to the rest of the history

Head unit I had was a Pioneer DEHP80- MP with a silver forester pocket to fill up the gap.

Good luck with the car, hope you had as much enjoyment as I did

ps, I have a strut brace for sale, and the number S600BDC is also available if your interested
Thanks for the reply mate,

Yep, I'd like to get it back to how you had it If I took it to Socom could they sort the lot out or would I need the de-cats done elsewhere then take it to Socom, & is it just a case of putting the center cat's back on at MOT time, or would the original map have to be put back again also ?

Love the plate, but expect its to much for me at the moment, what you selling it for ?

Would appreciate the other receipts, thanks very much, shall I PM you my address or send you a stamped envelope ?

Allot of questions, but I've only had a '01 WRX PPP Wagon for a year & hadn't modded it, so not too knowledgeable with mods

Thanks again,

Mark.

Last edited by marky1973; 19 May 2008 at 08:50 PM.
Old 19 May 2008, 08:48 PM
marky1973
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by frayz
Are based in Essex too Mark?
Hi frayz

I'm in Epsom so not too far, straight down the 25
Old 19 May 2008, 11:37 PM
frayz
Essex Area Moderator
Support Scoobynet!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Cool, try and get to some ESC meets mate,

Gotte keep the prodrive editions local, especially a black one
Old 20 May 2008, 09:34 AM
Diesel_DC
Scooby Regular

Location: Back in Diesel wonderland - 3.0 TDi Quattro A4, with more toys than Ann Summers...lol

Originally Posted by marky1973
Thanks for the reply mate,

Yep, I'd like to get it back to how you had it If I took it to Socom could they sort the lot out or would I need the de-cats done elsewhere then take it to Socom, & is it just a case of putting the center cat's back on at MOT time, or would the original map have to be put back again also ?

Love the plate, but expect its to much for me at the moment, what you selling it for ?

Would appreciate the other receipts, thanks very much, shall I PM you my address or send you a stamped envelope ?

Allot of questions, but I've only had a '01 WRX PPP Wagon for a year & hadn't modded it, so not too knowledgeable with mods

Thanks again,

Mark.
Mark,

YHPM