Notices
Essex Subaru Owners Club The official dedicated forum for Essex Subaru Owners Club Events.

Someone hit my Scooby today!! Then did a runner!!

Search this Thread

Old 18 May 2008, 01:55 AM
NickBes
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Someone hit my Scooby today!! Then did a runner!!

I was parked up at Jim’s (Jimladfatboy) today and we were out in his car when Jim’s other half Kelly phoned to say someone had hit my car and driven off!! As luck would have it there were 4 of their neighbours that were outside at the time and witnessed the WOMEN reverse into my offside front quarter denting the front wing and the wheel.

They were getting the number plate of the car as it was driving away when she decided to stop, get out and have a look at her car own car a little bit further up the road and then drive away.

The police are now dealing with it so hopefully she will admit what she has done and it will all be sorted soon through HER insurance!!

Rant over for now!!

Photo’s will follow in the morning when I have sobered up a bit !!
Old 18 May 2008, 07:31 AM
bibo_boy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by NickBes
I was parked up at Jim’s (Jimladfatboy) today and we were out in his car when Jim’s other half Kelly phoned to say someone had hit my car and driven off!! As luck would have it there were 4 of their neighbours that were outside at the time and witnessed the WOMEN reverse into my offside front quarter denting the front wing and the wheel.

They were getting the number plate of the car as it was driving away when she decided to stop, get out and have a look at her car own car a little bit further up the road and then drive away.

The police are now dealing with it so hopefully she will admit what she has done and it will all be sorted soon through HER insurance!!

Rant over for now!!

Photo’s will follow in the morning when I have sobered up a bit !!
Hope they get her mate!!!!
Old 18 May 2008, 08:11 AM
yellowvanman
Scooby Regular

Some People!

I assume as she stopped that gave the onlookers plenty of time to get the number, make model, etc.

Hopefully the police will locate her, her ins will cover your car and she will get done for something for driving off, as clearly she knew what she had done as she checked her car!

Hope she didn't damage what is under the wheel?
Old 18 May 2008, 09:01 AM
Ms Gooner 1
Scooby Regular

What a B****!!

I tell you - the morals of some people leave an awful lot to be desired! Thats just SO bad

Hope there isn't TOO much damage and that she's insured to cover whatever DOES need doing
Old 18 May 2008, 09:19 AM
Nate
Scooby Regular

Doesn't she have about 24 hours to report an accident, before it is classed as failure to stop ? + is it a requirement to stop if no-one was hurt ?

Not making excuses for her, as she obviously stopped to check her own car, but just thinking she may not get done for failure to stop.
Old 18 May 2008, 09:20 AM
Nate
Scooby Regular

Aha ....

If you are involved in an accident when driving which causes injury to another person or animal, or damage to another vehicle, or damage to another persons property for example a garden wall, then you are required to stop your vehicle. If someone has reasonably requested that you give your details, you are legally bound to supply them with details of your name and address and also your vehicle details.

If for any reason you did not supply your details to another person, then you must report the accident in person to the police without delay and in any event within 24 hours.

Failing to stop after an accident is punishable by a fine or even imprisonment for up to six months. Disqualification is discretionary, but instead of disqualification the Court may impose between 5 and 10 penalty points. The Court has the same sentencing powers in relation to failing to report an accident. Sometimes the police will charge you with both offences, and in theory a conviction on both is possible.
Old 18 May 2008, 09:41 AM
NickBes
Scooby Regular

Yep the FOUR people that did witness it had lots of time to get all the details and she even had the nerve to lot at them too so she knows they saw her!!
Old 18 May 2008, 09:42 AM
NickBes
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by yellowvanman
Hope she didn't damage what is under the wheel?
Not on there yet mate as it was pi55ing down all day yesterday, fitting them today though
Old 18 May 2008, 09:43 AM
NickBes
Scooby Regular

Some pics

Old 18 May 2008, 09:58 AM
Phil
Track Day Organiser

Wasn't Mia was it ?

Sorry

I hate people that do this good luck with getting it fixed mate
Old 18 May 2008, 10:12 AM
frayz
Essex Area Moderator
Support Scoobynet!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Old 18 May 2008, 10:30 AM
Scooby Senior

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

What a pi55er Looks like she cracked the wheel too mate ?
Old 18 May 2008, 10:51 AM
pinseeker
sandseeker & waterseeker

So annoying but hope she gets what she deserves for doing that
Old 18 May 2008, 11:09 AM
rb5 286
Scooby Regular

i was hit up the **** in the focus, i got out and so did the other driver, i went to get a paper and pen from the car after the driver and his g/f got out to look at their front end damage, i turned around to see them drive off.

i called the police, waited 3hrs for themto turn up and gave them the registration of the car - they went to the address, no1 would answer and they reckon they sent letters with no replies, nothing was ever done to the driver.

I hope you have more luck
Old 18 May 2008, 11:56 AM
SirFozzalot
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Gutted mate
Old 18 May 2008, 01:06 PM
trails
Scooby Regular

Received 55 Likes on 42 Posts

some people just are just ar$es, simple as that, I hope you get this all sorted. Just so you know you are no alone...I used to live in old Moulsham;

this was just a hit and run...

this was my neighbour, I knew it was him (colour match and a witness!), but it still took him a week to admit it...

this was a man in an XC90

this was a lad in a transit, reversed into me in a car park...hit me so hard he broke my strut and bent the wheel.
Old 18 May 2008, 02:03 PM
bibo_boy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by 53WRX
lol
Old 18 May 2008, 03:16 PM
BRI4N
Scooby Regular

Bummer, sorry to hear this Nick.
Old 18 May 2008, 03:34 PM
yellowvanman
Scooby Regular

Looks like she cracked the wheel too mate ?
Old 18 May 2008, 09:14 PM
NickBes
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by phil_stephens
Wasn't Mia was it ?

Old 18 May 2008, 09:15 PM
NickBes
Scooby Regular

Funny you should say that
Old 18 May 2008, 09:47 PM
V4JDMSTi
Scooby Regular

what a b1tch!

think you need a new set of ap's as she damaged them when she hit the arch and cracked the wheel.
Old 18 May 2008, 09:52 PM
NickBes
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by mneame
think you need a new set of ap's as she damaged them when she hit the arch and cracked the wheel.
Not after spending 10 hours stripping the paint off, cleaning them up and fitting the ones I have
Old 18 May 2008, 10:42 PM
Jimladfatboy
Scooby Regular

Location: E.S.C. Essex.Scooby.Classic. If it was good enough for Colin.......

Originally Posted by *Nate*
Aha ....

If you are involved in an accident when driving which causes injury to another person or animal, or damage to another vehicle, or damage to another persons property for example a garden wall, then you are required to stop your vehicle. If someone has reasonably requested that you give your details, you are legally bound to supply them with details of your name and address and also your vehicle details.

If for any reason you did not supply your details to another person, then you must report the accident in person to the police without delay and in any event within 24 hours.

Failing to stop after an accident is punishable by a fine or even imprisonment for up to six months. Disqualification is discretionary, but instead of disqualification the Court may impose between 5 and 10 penalty points. The Court has the same sentencing powers in relation to failing to report an accident. Sometimes the police will charge you with both offences, and in theory a conviction on both is possible.

Oh my god Nate!!! Sounds like you swallowed the statute book and got the Road Traffic Act stuck. Spot on though.

Section 170 (1)(b)(i) and 170 (2) of the act says where an accident occurs and damage is caused to amongst other things, another vehicle, not being the one driven by the driver concerned i.e. she hit Nick's parked car, then she must stop and give her name, address and reg number and details of the owner of the car to anybody who has reasonable grounds for requiring that information. That being the owner of the car she hit and not just joe public.

She knew what she had done cos she stopped and got out to look at her car and saw the witnesses standing there looking at her but she drove off anyway making no attempt to stop to comply with that bit of the law.

Then the bit about 24 hours is right. Section 170 (3) and 170 (6)(a) and (b) go on to say that if she doesn't stop long enough to comply with the first bits, then she must report the accident at a police station or to a constable as soon as reasonably practicable and in any case within 24 hours.

We know she drove straight back home cos we found her car parked up there (after a bit of investigation) and she only went to the police after we told her dad that it had been reported to the police and that she would get done for it so she better go and let them know what had happened. That isn't AS SOON AS reasonably practicable and therefore an offence.

The long and short of it is she has got no moral principles and she failed to stop and should get the full extent of the law brought down on her. What a b*tch

And she definitely cracked that wheel Nick.

Best go - I think I've got the book stuck in my throat as well.
Old 19 May 2008, 09:02 AM
NickBes
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Jimladfatboy
We know she drove straight back home cos we found her car parked up there (after a bit of investigation) and she only went to the police after we told her dad that it had been reported to the police and that she would get done for it so she better go and let them know what had happened. That isn't AS SOON AS reasonably practicable and therefore an offence.
Thanks Jim It's not what you know its who you know
Old 19 May 2008, 09:19 AM
Adidas
Scooby Regular

Nick,

Sorry to read this. Hope it gets sorted soon and in your favour.

Jim, the wonders of Part 1 eh?
Old 19 May 2008, 09:25 AM
NickBes
Scooby Regular

Default Just had a call from the repairers!

I have just had a call from the garage that is the authorised repairer for my area and it's AMC Subaru the new main Subaru dealer in Chelmsford
Old 19 May 2008, 10:20 AM
~mia~sxi~
Scooby Regular

no it wasnt me lol i was at a horse show all day! (i won lots btw)

Sorry to see this nick, same thing happened with my mates husband at a round about the police got the lady in th end, turns out its the same ins company as his. car is a write off tho.. yours looks mendable. Seems like you get one thing sorted and then sumit else happens... always the way.
Old 19 May 2008, 10:49 AM
Spec'c'57
Scooby Regular

I have just had a call from the garage that is the authorised repairer for my area and it's AMC Subaru the new main Subaru dealer in Chelmsford
Thats great news, Just make sure they are gonna do the work themselves tho. I have had DWS do work on my classic which took 4 attempts to get the paint right..
Old 19 May 2008, 10:56 AM
V4JDMSTi
Scooby Regular

If you want it to go somewhere else it can though. You don't have to send it to where they say.

Just thought i'd let you know if you didn't.

Quick Reply: Someone hit my Scooby today!! Then did a runner!!