Notices
Essex Subaru Owners Club The official dedicated forum for Essex Subaru Owners Club Events.

Help !!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04 September 2006, 10:46 AM
Fishuk
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help !!!!!!!!

guys please help had my flamer on last night while driving through some back lanes and all of a sudden my dash caught on fire after a lot of blowing my car was completly dead but after ripping out half my dash with my mobile as a touch able to get my car running again i have lost the lights in my dash clocks and when i take my key out of the ignition my ignition lights are still on. now ive found some melted wires under my dash that ive pulled apart from each other as they was melted together but still have a problem if any one knows how to take the dash out please come and help me
Old 04 September 2006, 01:11 PM
baz69birds
Scooby Regular

Default Not another Help?

i would contact CORNILUS as he KNOWS everything???

Baz
Old 04 September 2006, 03:59 PM
Cornelius
Scooby Regular

the tray under the steering column is held in by 2 plastic screws on the door shut side, one in the cubby hole at the back, and one at the top, and two screws either side of the panel at the bottom.

the centre console has to come out to reveal the hidden screws, ondo tose and that pops out, then it's 6 screws holding in the stereo frame, undo those and take that panel out.

on the glove box, there is a rubber grommit type sleeve on the support/stop arms, take that off so the glove box drops right down, and should reveal 2 screws on the hinges, take those out and the glove box will come out.

The speedo and gauges shroud has 4 screws, 2 top 2 bottom, then the clocks are held in by 5/6 screws, take those out, gently pull the clocks forward, unclip the wiring plugs, pull the left side so you can disengage the speedo cable and that can come out.

the heater control panel has 2 screws just above the *****, take those out and gently pull the fascia off, it may need a little tug to release the clips. the heater controls are held in by 4 screws, take those out and pull the panel out.

You should now have access to the loom behind
Old 04 September 2006, 04:36 PM
Fishuk
Scooby Regular

paul do u fancy popping round for an hour tonight and give me a hand please mate as i could do with ur help
Old 06 September 2006, 08:12 AM
Fishuk
Scooby Regular

YIPPY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thats right ladies and gents i have fixed my car lol able to rewire a couple of wires in the harness and put it back together and it works fine
Old 06 September 2006, 09:47 AM
WRX_Dazza
Scooby Regular

Location: Going further than the station and back !!! ZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzz