Notices
Essex Subaru Owners Club The official dedicated forum for Essex Subaru Owners Club Events.

Another Euro Rally

Search this Thread

Old 01 June 2006, 11:51 AM
Moley
Sponsor

Received 24 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Another Euro Rally

Just recieved a mail from my friend about an event he is organising

Really don't know how good it will be, but thought i'd post it here anyway.....

''After being depressed after watching the start of the Gumball Rally (not only the cars, but the drive across Europe) me and a mate have decided to organise our own rally this year. The rally is due to take place either starting on the Friday 8th September or Saturday 9th September and will run for 3 days, that's the weekend after Trax.

Day 1 - Starting point is Clacket Lane services on the M25 (time to be decided) then its on to Dover to catch a ferry to Calais, where we will be joined by some guys from Amsterdam. First checkpoint will be spar race track in Belgium, where you will have to take a pic with the time in the photo showing your car by something that you can prove you were there. Day 1 will finish at a hotel near Nurburg and again take a pic with the time and your car.

Day 2 - As we are at the nurburg it would be rude not to take advantage of it so you have the morning to play on the track, just don't crash!!!! After lunch we will leave Nurbury and head up to Amsterdam (A photo checkpoint half way for this leg is still to be decided). Once in Amsterdam and parked up for the night, the party night begins. I'm sure we can find something to amuse ourselves there!!

Day 3 - We leave Amsterdam and head back to Calais and the finish line. (wont be a early start to recover from the night before) and again A photo checkpoint half way for this leg is still to be decided.

The price for this rally is gonna be around £200 per car with 2 people sharing that for ferry's and hotels (twin rooms). However if we all put £10 per car in a pot then at lease the winner has something to show for it. Also we might do stickers for the cars which will be at an extra cost.

At the moment we have at lease 20 cars already. Although no money has been paid yet. Some of the cars going are Evo's, impreza's, M3's, Even a cossie and a chap with a Lamborghini gallardo (that was in this years Gumball) he should also be bringing some mates any whatever they drive.

If your interested then let me know and I can get a clear idea of numbers.

Remember its just a bit of fun and the cheapest rally you will find!!!!''
Old 01 June 2006, 01:33 PM
kin quick
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Nevetas
Parking in Amstedam! Mostly underground for anything safe, bye bye front splitters

The TD5 should be fine