Notices
Essex Subaru Owners Club The official dedicated forum for Essex Subaru Owners Club Events.

Possible electrical fault?? Indicators not working, high idle, engine check light on

Search this Thread

Old 28 February 2018, 01:40 PM
Jason Rankin
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Possible electrical fault?? Indicators not working, high idle, engine check light on

Hi all,

I have a classic 93/94 import wagon turbo which has developed some faults. Is someone available or know someone that is good with these. I’m based in Essex, Grays area.

1. The indicators and hazards are not working. (Before they completely stopped working. The right turn signal would work but the left would not and neither would the hazards. When I would indicate left the engine check light that is on would flicker and it would have an effect on the high idle making it fluctuate. It would also make a clicking buzzing sound from behind the dash)

2. High idle. The car idles at 1500rpm. I read the fault which pointed to idle control air valve. I’ve looked at this and it made no difference in changing the part from a identical valve that was working on my old engine.

3. The key is locked in the ignition barrel. The switch I use to unlock it from the centre console is not making its usual click when activated to allow me to release the key.

Old 01 March 2018, 12:53 PM
Peedee
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sent you a message mate.