Notices
Essex Subaru Owners Club The official dedicated forum for Essex Subaru Owners Club Events.

New Work Toy -- Not A Scooby

Search this Thread

Old 09 March 2015, 08:37 PM
Inviroman
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Work Toy -- Not A Scooby

Not Scooby related but after 4 months wait it finally come.

Seat Leon FR 185 Tdi with few extras; DSG with paddles, alcantera sports seats, panoramic glass roof, bigger wheels, the list goes on......

Not bad for an oil burner with 185 bhp & 300ftlb which can be easily taken to 240 & 400, May have to,play when run in

Old 11 March 2015, 02:13 PM
Looie
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Location: It's not a Scoob, or even a Skoda, but 200bhp is on the horizon..

Will be interested in seeing how you get on with the DSG and the paddles - I test drove two Octavia VRS's with them before opting for one with a manual box as I couldn't get settled with them, I don't regret getting the manual, but everyone's different so will wait to hear what you think after a while....

As to modding it more - I have 200bhp going through my front wheels and I can spin them in third on any damp surface with no effort at all, so careful you don't make it undriveable in damp/icy conditions (as others in the club found out when they got the "Blue Oval" cars with big BHP)....
Old 14 March 2015, 05:16 PM
Inviroman
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Looie
Will be interested in seeing how you get on with the DSG and the paddles - I test drove two Octavia VRS's with them before opting for one with a manual box as I couldn't get settled with them, I don't regret getting the manual, but everyone's different so will wait to hear what you think after a while....

As to modding it more - I have 200bhp going through my front wheels and I can spin them in third on any damp surface with no effort at all, so careful you don't make it undriveable in damp/icy conditions (as others in the club found out when they got the "Blue Oval" cars with big BHP)....
The box is pretty slick as most DSG boxes are, not used the paddles much played more shining via the stick, even in sports mode it's good.