Notices
Essex Subaru Owners Club The official dedicated forum for Essex Subaru Owners Club Events.

Wastegate actuator to solenoid

Search this Thread

Old 25 May 2014, 08:35 PM
Yardz
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wastegate actuator to solenoid

Evening all

After a little fettle today took car out for a spin. On hard acceleration CEL light comes on. Pull over n checked the code with my phone and P1254 pops up wastegate solenoid fail safe.

Basically the pipe that runs from the solenoid to the actuator t piece had come apart there was a black joining piece holding the line together, that piece got melted away where it feel back on to the the turbo heat shield. Tried to get hold of a connector but to no such luck. Had another T piece in the garage that I managed to blank of one end and re join.

Car has never pulled so well holds boost better and gets to 1 bar no worries (previously was making .9)
Any way I need a perm fix to this solution firstly the black connector is that actually serving a purpose other than joining the two pipes?
I'd like to replace the pipe aswell it's seen better days can I run just a single piece of pipe from solenoid to the actuator t piece?
I know there's a restrictor in the system but not sure where? It's a 51 plate bug wagon

Any advice?
Old 25 May 2014, 08:41 PM
frayz
Essex Area Moderator
Support Scoobynet!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just use normal silicone vac hose. If you feel along the vac line from the compressor housing you will feel the hard brass bullet inline. Just make sure you add this to the new pipe work when you fit it.
Old 27 May 2014, 08:39 PM
Yardz
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Recommend anywhere for brass/steel T pieces? Don't think the original plastic ones ever come off n looks like it'll snap if I look at it funny

And would any vacuum hose do or can I get heat resistant types??
Old 27 May 2014, 09:43 PM
frayz
Essex Area Moderator
Support Scoobynet!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The silicone vac hose on eBay will be quite heat resistant anyway. You should also be able to get the plastic tees there too.
Brass ones may be available at a yacht chandlers?
I have silicone vac hose and plastic tees and have no issue at all. Just don't forget the brass bullet.