Notices
Engine Management and ECU Remapping This section is to discuss the various aspects of engine management modification for your Subaru.

Advice please to view ignition timing?

Search this Thread

Old 08 March 2014, 08:52 PM
just me
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Advice please to view ignition timing?

I was wondering if any members can point me in the right direction, my car has an ecutek map, I would like to do a comparison between tesco 99 and v power, as I filled up with tesco before a map but the car kept pulling timing, I would like to see if it was down to fuel?

Can members point me in the right direction as to which software will allow me to see this?

Thanks
Old 08 March 2014, 09:19 PM
Jolly Green Monster
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by just me
I was wondering if any members can point me in the right direction, my car has an ecutek map, I would like to do a comparison between tesco 99 and v power, as I filled up with tesco before a map but the car kept pulling timing, I would like to see if it was down to fuel?

Can members point me in the right direction as to which software will allow me to see this?

Thanks
when a car is mapped the ignition map should be tailored to the car/engine and the fuel in it.
Was that not done? it sounds like your describing someone loading a map and then it pulling timing... so did they not do a custom map? ie. you might be barking up the wrong tree..
tend to find tesco99 and shell vpower are very similar ignition timing wise, I have noted changes in fueling between winter and summer and wonder if they change the amount of ethanol contents in it. Not had chance to confirm checking it with a flexi fuel sensor yet.

Just if the car was custom mapped to your tank of tesco then it shouldnt be pulling timing on that tank or vpower and you wont see anything.

Simon
Old 08 March 2014, 09:37 PM
just me
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello JGM, many thanks for your reply

I have this thread going also https://www.scoobynet.com/999105-any...l#post11373910

The map was a custom map, however I had a low result, 409 bhp on a billet 321t, still on tmic and prodrive sports cat, I suppose its a process of elimination, low octane fuel was mentioned as a possibilty and also the cat.

I suppose i could be barking up the wrong tree, jus thought this was a little experiment I would like to do, I will be going decat and looking at intercooler options.

Last edited by just me; 08 March 2014 at 09:38 PM.