Notices
Engine Management and ECU Remapping This section is to discuss the various aspects of engine management modification for your Subaru.

cobb access port/stage 1/ blown engine?

Search this Thread

Old 21 September 2013, 01:05 AM
Savage204
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default cobb access port/stage 1/ blown engine?

hello all,

i have just recently purchased a 2012 subaru sti, ive only had it for a month. the car came with a AEM COI and cobb access port tuned to stage 1. i have never tuned it back to stock so i do not know the difference between the 2 first hand.

my friend has a friend with an 04 STI and is refereed to having alot of knowledge with the car. i was talking to him and he is trying to tell me not to use stage 1 and just leave it stock untill i get a downpipe and put it into stage 2. and just by pass the stage one. his reason being the stage one tune does something to the engine and is causing alot of blown engines.

i have been searching google for a while now and can not come up with any posts blaming a cobb access port tuned to stage one causing a blown engine.

can anyone shed any light on this for me? should i leave stage one on? take it off? ignore this guy?

thanks for any input
Old 21 September 2013, 01:31 AM
jura11
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi there

Over here in UK,COBB or AccessPort are not available and mostly people don't have experience with them on first hand

I would suggest have look on this forum

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/index.php

This forum is more local to you and there people have more experience with COBB or AccessPort

What I've read about the COBB and stage 1,few people have problems with knock,which can be down to the map itself or bad batch of fuel(yes this can happen too)

If its possible get yours car mapped by someone who knows how to map via COBB

Jura
Old 23 September 2013, 10:23 AM
Andy Stevens
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If it's a generic map it's always going to be limited, a tailored map will extract the best power and will be checked to ensure it is running safely.