Notices
Engine Management and ECU Remapping This section is to discuss the various aspects of engine management modification for your Subaru.

New M.A.P installed..now what?

Search this Thread

Old 27 July 2013, 07:49 PM
DirtyLaundry
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New M.A.P installed..now what?

Hey all,I have a 1997 Subaru Impreza Outback 2.2 with 137,000, The diagnostic read P107,installed a new M.A.P sensor,is running better,however,when I hit 2000 rpm's ,continues to rough idle ,almost cutting off, CEL will flash as it chokes.Do I need to reset something,will it register a new sensor on it's own?Please advise,all suggestions are welcomed,thank you in advance!Oh yeah,I can also smell fuel mix,never had that before.actually, all of these issues came on with no warning.

update: I was being stoopid and forgot to pull battery ( for an hour),it's now reset and we're back on the road.Fuel smell has cleared up as well

Last edited by DirtyLaundry; 28 July 2013 at 01:57 AM. Reason: Forgot to add, smell of fuel is strong
Old 31 July 2013, 10:25 AM
piehole1983
Scooby Regular

I'm almost certain you will need to reset the ECU. If its the same idea as my 1997 Impreza, you will. I had a few sensor faults, once fixed the car did not improve at all until I reset it. After that, it was like a new car!
Old 01 August 2013, 12:39 AM
DirtyLaundry
Scooby Newbie

Though I didn't reset the E.C.U., taking the battery off, seemed to clear it as well.Thank you for the reply.