Notices
Engine Management and ECU Remapping This section is to discuss the various aspects of engine management modification for your Subaru.

Gaining interest in making remapping cables.

Search this Thread

Old 27 April 2013, 09:54 PM
dan-lincs
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gaining interest in making remapping cables.

Hi all,

I am able to make remapping cables for 2002-2005 wrx's & sti's (sorry 32bit users you miss out here), I have been using mine for over a year now which includes several remaps and logging sessions.

I am after a rough number of people who would be interested so I can make a batch.

The software it uses is free of charge (no cracks or hacks needed) called romraider & ecu flash. Romraider has been around for some time now and has a very good community and guides to help you learn how to tune. This software will also allow you to log you car and fault find.

I will NOT be providing any custom or OTS maps, but with some reading you will be able to understand and earn how to make your own, There are maps available free from the users on the romraiders forums which people have made.

On a side note, before you consider this please note as with any remapping can be hazardous to you ECU and motor so a great amout of reading up is required.

I am able to supply to cables for around £35 + postage.

Please leave your name below if your interested or if you have any other questions
Old 04 May 2013, 05:31 PM
wagonwill
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Dan, It is a good idea but not being funny but you can buy a vag cable for £7 with free shipping and do whats known as the mad mod romraider & ecu flash ver1.32 the yanks are light years ahead of us i seen it on nasioc forum, Im still learning about mapping at the moment alot to take in.