Notices
Engine Management and ECU Remapping This section is to discuss the various aspects of engine management modification for your Subaru.

scooby classic engine mods

Search this Thread

Old 26 March 2013, 09:28 PM
scooby_simonb
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default scooby classic engine mods

hi there, im simon and new here and new to the whole Subaru thing too after wanting one for years!! I own a classic version 2 impreza turbo import, its prity standard engine wise, got a 3" stainless system from the turbo back, and a forge dump valve that seems a bit crap and very quiet if im honest. i want to get it to about 350bhp and would like any advice on how to get it there and still have a semi reliable car, im looking into a decat pipe, possibly front mount intercooler..any advice guys?? cheers
Old 27 March 2013, 12:24 PM
JuergenG
Scooby Regular

This might point you in the right direction. Owning a V2 WRX myself, I can tell you that 350bhp are not the easiest goal on V2 Imprezas. "Gearbox", "FMIC" and "Injectors" are things that come to mind immediately... If you have a V2 STI you might be lucky and have at least a nice engine block...
Old 28 March 2013, 01:05 AM
scooby_simonb
Scooby Newbie

so what gearbox should I be looking for? and also which sort of injectors? also I've been looking into getting a different air filter to do away with the original air box, but there seems to be a large variety of options, any ideas on which one to go for and which is going to show me the most power gains? or am I simply better to keep the original air box and us a k and n replacement panel filter? any tips or advice would be really handy guys,cheers
Old 08 April 2013, 04:13 AM
atilley
Scooby Regular

you'll need the later 440cc injectors,full de-cat,a newer tmic will do (dont listen to what everyone says about a fmic, a newer classic sti tmic will do for this), get a k and n panel filter, standalone ecu or ESL daughterboard, if you have td04 swap for td05,uprated fuel pump and fpr. and thats you mate

Last edited by atilley; 08 April 2013 at 04:16 AM.