Notices
Engine Management and ECU Remapping This section is to discuss the various aspects of engine management modification for your Subaru.

Ecu

Search this Thread

Old 14 January 2013, 07:23 AM
Bazzersclassic
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ecu

Hi can somebody tell me which ecu is in my car,where it is and is it worth upgrading or remapping?

My scooby is a 2000 turbo uk spec wagon a late 2000 model I think last edition before the blob eye.
Old 14 January 2013, 07:52 AM
scoobyricht
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Y7 i think but not certain, take a look for yourself, pull back the carpet in the passenger footwell, pull gently from under the dash and remove the little plastic clips as you go, ull see a metal kick plate with 10mm bolts. take those out and ull see the ecu under a plastic cover.

Remapping is good if you have a few mods on the car. Even if standard then it can give you some benefits but is it worth the cost.
Old 14 January 2013, 10:15 AM
Bazzersclassic
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by scoobyricht
Y7 i think but not certain, take a look for yourself, pull back the carpet in the passenger footwell, pull gently from under the dash and remove the little plastic clips as you go, ull see a metal kick plate with 10mm bolts. take those out and ull see the ecu under a plastic cover.

Remapping is good if you have a few mods on the car. Even if standard then it can give you some benefits but is it worth the cost.
Cheers scoobyritch I'll check it out,mine still has the standard exhaust but I think it's missing the loud scooby burble,I wanted to upgrade the air filter so I thought after get it remapped.