Notices
Engine Management and ECU Remapping This section is to discuss the various aspects of engine management modification for your Subaru.

Immobiliser problem.

Search this Thread

Old 28 October 2012, 03:53 PM
Washy74
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Immobiliser problem.

Hi there, im new to this site and new to Subarus. So please be gentle with me, lol.
I have a 51plate UK300 and had it since June 2012. Everything has been fine with the car since yesterday. I drove 7miles into town (no problem). When i parked up and went to use the blue Subaru key fob, it wouldnt lock the doors. So had to use key. Thinking it was the batteries in the fob, i changed them for new ones, to no joy. The battery on the car is new so its not that. So in the end AA had to tow me home. The red flashing key still flashes by the speedo, but the red flashing light on top of the dash hasnt come on since. When i turn the key in ignition, the lights come on as normal but the car will not even turn over. If anybody has any info on what is causing this, then i would b very greatful.

Regards Andy.
Old 30 October 2012, 12:54 PM
Huntyuk
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

dunno if this is relevent now but try your spare key if you have one (mine did this on saturday lucky is was on my path) - tried the spare and it worked .... although you have changed the batteries in the fob this could still be the issue
Old 30 October 2012, 08:22 PM
Washy74
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for your reply mate. Subaru in Exeter phoned to say alarm and immobiliser has decided to pack in. It was that knackerd that they couldnt even bypass or unlock it either, so its a whole new system. they charging me £350, and that includes recovery, all new parts and labour, so not to bad tbh.