Notices
Engine Management and ECU Remapping This section is to discuss the various aspects of engine management modification for your Subaru.

Bimmercode alternative for Subaru

Search this Thread

Old 16 April 2021, 01:15 AM
BIZKIT551
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Bimmercode alternative for Subaru

Hi I'm a former BMW owner and have recently moved over to Subaru after my BMW failed it's MOT (Annual vehicle safety inspection).
I have a 2007 Subaru Impreza 1.5R and would like to know if there are any android apps out there that allow me to customize the various ECUs within the car like I was able to customize on my BMW.

Please be easy on me as I am new to the Subaru world and I hope I can get some help on this.

Old 16 April 2021, 12:02 PM
DDS789
Scooby Regular

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts

I used to offer coding services on BMWs a few years back thinking of starting again.

I think one of the reasons it's so popular on BMWs is.there abundance on the road, so even if it is possible on Subaru's, there's not enough of them to make it viable writing codes etc

I also use Carly and in the manufacturer section you can now select many different manufacturers including Subaru, I've not tried it out and it may only be for diagnostic purposes but could be worth some research for you.

Old 16 April 2021, 12:07 PM
BIZKIT551
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by DDS789
I used to offer coding services on BMWs a few years back thinking of starting again.

I think one of the reasons it's so popular on BMWs is.there abundance on the road, so even if it is possible on Subaru's, there's not enough of them to make it viable writing codes etc

I also use Carly and in the manufacturer section you can now select many different manufacturers including Subaru, I've not tried it out and it may only be for diagnostic purposes but could be worth some research for you.
Yea I couldn't find much myself from the research I did. I bought the Torque app but that's more diagnostics than actual customizability. I will wait on Carly before I decide on getting it. I want to see other who have tried to customize things with on a Subaru.
Old 16 April 2021, 08:30 PM
CharlySkunkWeed
Scooby Regular

Received 70 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by BIZKIT551
Yea I couldn't find much myself from the research I did. I bought the Torque app but that's more diagnostics than actual customizability. I will wait on Carly before I decide on getting it. I want to see other who have tried to customize things with on a Subaru.
short version is , you can't. If you're talking about setting sidelights as DRLs etc etc , there's nothing on the Subaru's to do that sort of thing.
Old 16 April 2021, 09:04 PM
BIZKIT551
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by CharlySkunkWeed
short version is , you can't. If you're talking about setting sidelights as DRLs etc etc , there's nothing on the Subaru's to do that sort of thing.
Well that answers my question. I thought Subaru would have something like that but I guess it's just a BMW thing.
Thanks 😊
Old 16 April 2021, 09:09 PM
DDS789
Scooby Regular

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by CharlySkunkWeed
Agreed

Old 16 April 2021, 10:48 PM
Don Clark
Scooby Regular

Received 747 Likes on 620 Posts

Originally Posted by BIZKIT551
Well that answers my question. I thought Subaru would have something like that but I guess it's just a BMW thing.
Thanks 😊
They probably would if more of their electrical systems were canbus but they are not.