Notices
Engine Management and ECU Remapping This section is to discuss the various aspects of engine management modification for your Subaru.

Bee r rev limiter + apexi power fc need help

Search this Thread

Old 22 January 2017, 12:18 PM
cantstopboosting
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bee r rev limiter + apexi power fc need help

Hi Guys,

I have a 1995 jdm wrx impreza with an apexi power fc and im trying to install a bee r rev limiter for my first time.

I cant seem to find a wiring diagram and im hoping someone here has been down this road before and can offer some advice.

Thanks in advance for taking the time to help me out.
Old 22 January 2017, 12:20 PM
JGlanzaV
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you value your engine just bin the Rev limiter and keep your wiring in tact....
Old 22 January 2017, 12:30 PM
cantstopboosting
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by JGlanzaV
If you value your engine just bin the Rev limiter and keep your wiring in tact....
haha thanks for that.

I know the risks involved and wont be using it much. Im cleaning the car up for shows and have put 2000 into it this week in parts alone.

This car will see very little millage over the course of a year.
Old 22 January 2017, 01:14 PM
JGlanzaV
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by cantstopboosting
haha thanks for that.

I know the risks involved and wont be using it much. Im cleaning the car up for shows and have put 2000 into it this week in parts alone.

This car will see very little millage over the course of a year.

From my point of view (£2k isn't alot in parts, that wouldn't even buy half the bits needed for my engine) if you are prepared to invest in the car to that extent, the best option would be get something that is designed to do it properly with the inbuilt safeguards etc.

The bee r are notorious for damaging engine internals and it will cost you way more than 2k to sort.

You could get an ECU that is able to do launch etc and have it properly Programmed and not risk your engine...
Old 22 January 2017, 02:11 PM
ZANY
Scooby Regular

Received 131 Likes on 101 Posts

Have a look on eBay there is a seller on there from uk who has the instructions for fitment etc available on his listing for free
you have to chop into your ecu wiring loom aswell
I was going to buy one for my crx back in the day but after a little research I got put off

Why don't you go to a proper mapper who can maybe sort the pops and bangs for you more safely and you'll have piece of mind instead of a melted piston
Old 22 January 2017, 02:21 PM
JDM_Stig
Scooby Regular

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts

https://www.scoobynet.com/engine-man...r-limiter.html
Old 23 January 2017, 07:40 PM
nortonscooby
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ZANY
Have a look on eBay there is a seller on there from uk who has the instructions for fitment etc available on his listing for free
you have to chop into your ecu wiring loom aswell
I was going to buy one for my crx back in the day but after a little research I got put off

Why don't you go to a proper mapper who can maybe sort the pops and bangs for you more safely and you'll have piece of mind instead of a melted piston
What he said buddy. Do some research and it will all become clear with the bee r engine killers