Notices
Engine Management and ECU Remapping This section is to discuss the various aspects of engine management modification for your Subaru.

ECUtek

Search this Thread

Old 22 November 2016, 03:28 PM
WrxSti03
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default ECUtek

Hi all, had my car remapped over a year ago to around 330bhp. When it was mapped it had a vortex afterburner fitted. Fancy something slightly quieter now, would changing just the back box to say a tsl group n give any adverse affects to the map and how the car runs or would the ecu compensate the the slight change in back pressure.

Thanks. John
Old 22 November 2016, 03:34 PM
On-the-bog
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Depends if it changes the diameter and flow. In theory should be ok, but only way to know for def is swap it and dyno run to check AFR's and det.
Old 22 November 2016, 06:54 PM
WrxSti03
Scooby Regular

Yeah I wonder how more restrictive the tsl is compared to the vortex afterburner if any...
Old 23 November 2016, 10:23 AM
bludgod
Scooby Regular

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

most cases I've seen so long as you don't change the downpipe and assuming your not going from a free flowing box to say a standard backbox then you'll be OK - but as above definitely worth a quick spin on the rollers to check AFR and det to be certain.
Old 23 November 2016, 12:59 PM
WrxSti03
Scooby Regular

OK cheers guys. I'll book her in for a dyno run when I fit the tsl. I'll see if I can do a run with the afterburner on to, to see how much of a difference the to box's make. Thanks again.