Notices
Engine Management and ECU Remapping This section is to discuss the various aspects of engine management modification for your Subaru.

Which Exhaust For JDM?

Search this Thread

Old 07 May 2016, 08:48 PM
mfnick
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which Exhaust For JDM?

Sorry if this is wrong place.
I've got a JDM version 9 Blobeye. I've just change the exhaust system to a 3" Hayward & Scot downpipe, cobra double resonated center and a Afterburner Raptor back box.
& I hate the sound!!! It's a raspy, farty overly loud noise that sounds like a 1.2 Corsa with a fart cannon attached.
What so people think is the best sounding back box for a JDM twinscroll? Which isn't raspy or farty?
Or even better does anyone know of a company that makes a unequal length header for the twinscroll? I realise I'll lose power with them but thats a sacrifice I'm willing to make to have the burble. But I'd prefer to keep the twinscroll setup if I can.
Cheers
Old 07 May 2016, 09:52 PM
M2RTXhawkeye
Scooby Regular

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

This

Or this

Martin
Old 08 May 2016, 06:56 AM
JGlanzaV
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Why anyone would want to make a car worse to drive, and sound like a council estate touring car or chat chariot is beyond me....
Old 08 May 2016, 07:00 AM
JGlanzaV
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

And also no. No one makes an unequal length twin scroll manifold as it wouldn't work.

It needs to be equal to ensure the pulse are the same. It's the whole concept of twins roll...
Old 08 May 2016, 07:27 AM
ZANY
Scooby Regular

Received 131 Likes on 101 Posts

Get a milltek on it and sell it on get yourself a type uk which will be cheaper to buy and with the money you save get a blitz nur spec
I had the same issue missing that flat four rumble after owning a type uk for over 6 years then moving on to a jdm twinscroll, but when the twinscroll hits monster mode you soon forget what your missing as the power delivery and the noise change is awesome. I have a full turbo back milltek on mine sounds just right and you can hear the flat four subtly not in your face a small sacrifice in return for quicker spool more power and the noise on full chatter puts a smile on my face every time and the idea of a blitz nur spec has now been taken off my list as it just wouldn't sound the same as on a type uk
Old 09 May 2016, 08:40 AM
mfnick
Scooby Regular

That S202 doesn't sound much different to the one I have on at the moment, not keen to be honest. I had the Genome on to start with which I did like but it's only a 2.5" bore and I'm after 3". Thanks for the vids though.

& Zany - I had a UK before. I'd much rather keep the JDM one now. Think I may just get a proper silenced back box if there's not any that make it sound great. Will keep looking...
Old 09 May 2016, 11:03 AM
malevolent_sti
Scooby Regular

I'll try and take a sound clip of my fujitsubo for you, it's not actually that loud.

Trending Topics

Old 09 May 2016, 01:42 PM
ZANY
Scooby Regular

Received 131 Likes on 101 Posts

Originally Posted by mfnick
That S202 doesn't sound much different to the one I have on at the moment, not keen to be honest. I had the Genome on to start with which I did like but it's only a 2.5" bore and I'm after 3". Thanks for the vids though.

& Zany - I had a UK before. I'd much rather keep the JDM one now. Think I may just get a proper silenced back box if there's not any that make it sound great. Will keep looking...
No worries I've given up now and sticking to the milltek lol! Do keep us updated with your finds best of luck mate
Old 09 May 2016, 06:55 PM
mfnick
Scooby Regular

I was looking at the Milltek after your post but it's only 2.75" and my downpipe is 3" so wouldn't fit without modification which I really don't want to do.
& will do. Thinking of getting the Hayward and Scott rear silencer now. http://scoobyworld.co.uk/catalog/pro...roducts_id=458
Or the Afterburner Vortex as a few people have told me it's not overly loud...

But first I need to sort my centre section out. That Cobra one is garbage! Has anyone had any experience with the Scoobyworld Track day centre? http://scoobyworld.co.uk/catalog/pro...oducts_id=3822
Anyone know if it'd fit ok with the Hayward downpipe and Raptor? I realise it won't make it really quiet but should help kill the rasp and reduce noise a bit.