Notices
Engine Management and ECU Remapping This section is to discuss the various aspects of engine management modification for your Subaru.

obd2 bluetooth

Search this Thread

Old 02 March 2016, 09:07 PM
slickwrx
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default obd2 bluetooth

Evening guys just become a owner of a 2003 wrx wagon.

Sorry if it been covered before but I am unsure of which make model engine codes etc I own.

I have tried to plug my obd2 bluetooth reader in from my old car and use on the impreza. I have torque app pro.
I know the both device and phone work as it works on my old car. But it can't find the ECU on the impreza.

Am I doing something wrong do I need a different obd2 reader etc etc..

Any help would be great
Old 03 March 2016, 02:10 AM
Marco.Singh
Scooby Regular

The same obd2 reader will work as all obd2 ports are the same in cars. When you plug the device in, does it power on? Anything to indicate it receiving power? If not then it may be the case that the pins need pushing in from behind the port as they are known to sometimes get pushed back with regular plugging in and out of a obd reader . You can access the back of the port to check for any loose wires by taking off the whole panel where the port sits by removing the two screws, one on each. Check the wires and if they look ok, the next step is to get a multimeter and check the 12v power and ground wires. Obd2 port pin diagrams are quite generic so use Google to identify which pin is for what. I had this problem a couple of months back and for me it was the 12v pin. Good luck
Old 03 March 2016, 06:55 AM
slickwrx
Scooby Newbie

Cheers for getting back mate.

Yeah there is power all the lights flash etc.

When it connects to torque app it goes through the setup by finding a the connector and satalite then nothing. Opening the settings I find that's it's unable to connect to ECU.

I will check the wires over the weekend but have read somewhere that some model subaru don't have a compliant obd2 port. Thought its was pre 2002 Is mine one of these even know it's 2003
Old 03 March 2016, 09:42 AM
gazzabazza1000
Scooby Regular

Make sure you pair with the reader through your usual bluetooth settings first. Then open the app and try again. Might help?
Old 03 March 2016, 10:08 AM
slickwrx
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by gazzabazza1000
Make sure you pair with the reader through your usual bluetooth settings first. Then open the app and try again. Might help?

Done mate still no joy