Notices
Engine Management and ECU Remapping This section is to discuss the various aspects of engine management modification for your Subaru.

05 wrx questions

Search this Thread

Old 20 January 2016, 09:57 PM
Mark Kus
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 05 wrx questions

Hi guys, I'm new to this for so I apologise if this has been asked before..

I have a 2005 wrx and I just got a new exhaust put on today, the front cat is still there but its straight from there back, the engine management light came on I presume this is because of the o2 sensor ? I also plan on putting a K&N intake on it in a few weeks and getting it remapped... whats the norm when doing these mods ? Can you map out the o2 sensor ? or is it better to put it back in(the straight pipe) and then get it mapped ?

This is my first scooby and I'm new to modding so any help would be greatly appreciated!!
Old 22 January 2016, 09:31 AM
bludgod
Scooby Regular

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

yes the mapper will remove the codes for the rear o2 and also disable the rear o2 corrections (which otherwise would give you a bouncy AFR). K&N intake probably overkill when a K&N panel filter will do the job for you. Don't forget about the uppipe cat in a WRX 2.0 and also fuel pump and boost gauge.

If you don't know what to buy, follow the andy forrest guide - most folk on here would trust it:
http://andyforrestperformance.co.uk/58901.html