Notices
Engine Management and ECU Remapping This section is to discuss the various aspects of engine management modification for your Subaru.

Remapping options

Search this Thread

Old 06 January 2016, 10:19 PM
Scooby1991
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Remapping options

I'm going to be having my wrx blobeye remapped march time most likely be andy carr, got all the supporting mods & bigger turbo to see me between 330-350, my question is can my car be mapped to have 2 maps hi/lo boost maps & also launch control & anti lag? Also how much will the above cost approximately based on people who have gone down that route?

Cheers
Old 06 January 2016, 10:28 PM
Mustoe91
Scooby Regular

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Personally id stay away from launch control and anti lag as your 5 speed clutch wont take many launches before it chews your gear box up and anti lag will ruin the standard pistons

As for prices best bet is to ring andy carr
Old 07 January 2016, 12:59 AM
nortonscooby
Scooby Regular

Andrew carr mapped my blob wrx few months ago. I have twin maps hi and low boost and launch and antilag. Great mapper and love the carrberry rom. Ive not launched it yet but it sounds great activated. I dont use antilag either really. I had him map pops and bangs into high boost map. Get 21.8psi peak on my psi3 data monitor but im still on td04 turbo. Car was mapped to 273bhp by a well known company when i brought it but it felt slow. It pulls alot harder and is much quicker now its got carrberry rom software. Prob not a great deal more bhp wise but tourqe difference is night and day.
Old 07 January 2016, 08:59 AM
JDM_Stig
Scooby Regular

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts

Personally I would seriously avoid Andrew Carr . . .
Old 07 January 2016, 09:03 AM
chrispy200+
Scooby Regular

He mapped my old type r originally, was many years ago but couldn't fault it, that was possibly the best all round one that I had although it changed substantially through the years from where it started
Old 07 January 2016, 09:17 AM
JDM_Stig
Scooby Regular

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts

Shame he didnt care as much when he did mine, still waiting for his promised return after years of waiting . . detting its **** off on the rollers.
Old 07 January 2016, 11:23 AM
Scooby1991
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by nortonscooby
Andrew carr mapped my blob wrx few months ago. I have twin maps hi and low boost and launch and antilag. Great mapper and love the carrberry rom. Ive not launched it yet but it sounds great activated. I dont use antilag either really. I had him map pops and bangs into high boost map. Get 21.8psi peak on my psi3 data monitor but im still on td04 turbo. Car was mapped to 273bhp by a well known company when i brought it but it felt slow. It pulls alot harder and is much quicker now its got carrberry rom software. Prob not a great deal more bhp wise but tourqe difference is night and day.
How much did all that set you back mate? Do you need anything else to be able to run 2 different maps on the car like syvecs etc. or is it all done on ecutek or something?

Trending Topics

Old 07 January 2016, 12:13 PM
nortonscooby
Scooby Regular

All done on standard ecu mate. I just turned up and andrew done the rest like fitting the switches etc. You need to speak to andrew regarding price but its roughly the same as other mappers charge. I had a previous car mapped by duncan and was faultless but i wanted carrberry rom hence used andrew on my blobeye. Ive not had any issues and have only heard good things about his work from many owners.
Old 07 January 2016, 12:20 PM
nortonscooby
Scooby Regular

Think his prices and options on his website teamcarr.net
Old 09 January 2016, 08:47 PM
giz1978
Scooby Regular

To be honest I be thinking twice about Andrew as he mapped mine but getting him to tweak or even answer his phone email tx or anything is a nightmare
I'm going Sheffield rolling road as after 4 weeks and broke promise I have had enough of the poor customer service and lack of care For his customers plus when it saying former owner of teamcarr is worrying as well and TEG are using another mapper maybe an other sign ??