Notices
Engine Management and ECU Remapping This section is to discuss the various aspects of engine management modification for your Subaru.

Simtek Upgrade to Alkatek

Search this Thread

Old 06 May 2015, 10:47 AM
Tyler 1
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Simtek Upgrade to Alkatek

Has anybody had there Simtek ecu upgraded to Alkatek?

I had mine done and was advised that the map would be copied over so I can drive the car to get it mapped with Duncan and now the car will not boost at all. looks like RPM is restricted to around 4.5k ish.

I have also changed the turbo and fuel pump and moved all the map sensor and 3 port boost solenoid to try and tidy that area up. I have put the 2 small tubes back on the turbo.

So could this just be that the ecu is set to this to protect the car until map?

Or have I damaged something? if so what could it be? wouldn't of thought it was map sensor as would of thought the car would not run.

Any help would seriously be appreciated as looking to map the car next week.
Old 06 May 2015, 11:39 AM
Infected by sti
Scooby Regular

The changes may not be helping you there.

I doubt there will be a problem with the upgrade and as soon as you get it to Dunc all will be resolved, unless it's a faulty part which has been installed in the meantime.

Have you gone bigger on the turbo and pump? Or like for like
Old 06 May 2015, 11:44 AM
Tyler 1
Scooby Regular

I have replaced the Turbo from a MD321s to a SC46 billet, so have gone smaller, and fuel pump I have replaced a walbro 255 to a HRC 310 so bigger. Really hope that it is just a case of base map has been installed.

I also have the software to log into the ecu and when trying to connect I am unable to.

Is the ecu intelligent enough to know that its a different turbo and fuel pump so protecting itself? Don't think it is..
Old 06 May 2015, 04:52 PM
jura11
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi there

You can try speak with Duncan if he can send you base map for yours car,but I would assume yours old map has been copied over on yours,but still needs to be tweaked,but this shouldn't cause this issue

If you are changed map sensor for bigger then yes you can have those issue too and car can be the in limp mode(usually this depends on ECU and how is set there,on some ECU this can be set at 4500RPM),I would assume needs to be tweaked there and due this you can have those issues

Do you have SimTek/AlcaTek dongle too there ?

If fuel pump is bigger this shouldn't cause those issue,yours car will be running bit richer on top end or on idle

Hope this helps

Thanks,Jura
Old 06 May 2015, 04:58 PM
Tyler 1
Scooby Regular

Thanks Jura, I am a little worried as Duncan advised that this is not normal, I have a 3 bar map sensor but haven't fitted it yet. Was going to leave that to Duncan to wire up.

does the Map sensor need to be earthed to the chassis? as it is not fixed to the bracket at the moment as waiting on a new bracket, but noticed that the original map sensor has 2 metal parts on the inside of the fixing point, that normal means it needs to be earthed, or I could be completely wrong, just don't want to book time and waste mine and Duncans time.
Old 06 May 2015, 11:56 PM
jura11
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Tyler 1
Thanks Jura, I am a little worried as Duncan advised that this is not normal, I have a 3 bar map sensor but haven't fitted it yet. Was going to leave that to Duncan to wire up.

does the Map sensor need to be earthed to the chassis? as it is not fixed to the bracket at the moment as waiting on a new bracket, but noticed that the original map sensor has 2 metal parts on the inside of the fixing point, that normal means it needs to be earthed, or I could be completely wrong, just don't want to book time and waste mine and Duncans time.
Hi there

I would get Duncan or yours chosen mapper to have look on this,you are not living too far from SRR or do you?

And if not then please speak with Duncan if he can come have look on this and sort this

What map sensor are you will be running,usually Map sensor if its 3 wire then should have be earthed/ground

He will fit and wire the map sensor there,this shouldn't be issue for any mapper

Hope this helps

Thanks,Jura