Notices
Engine Management and ECU Remapping This section is to discuss the various aspects of engine management modification for your Subaru.

Subaru EJ20 Normally Aspirated ECU Pin Out

Search this Thread

Old 07 February 2015, 02:11 PM
Boxer_VDub
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Subaru EJ20 Normally Aspirated ECU Pin Out

Hi, this is my first post on here.
I am looking to couple up a UK market 2.0 litre flat four sourced from a breakers yard into a VW rear engined setup.
The majority of the wiring harness in front of the seats was obtained at the time and I have followed all the wires back to the ECU, but it seems that I did not get the wiring harness which loops right around the front of the car near the front valance which may or may not be relevant to all of this query.
ECU is JECs Corporation 22611 AD370 A18-000 D40 7805
Manufacture year is 1998

I have looked extensively on the internet for a pin out diagram but only seem to encounter those for different markets often with different emission standards/immobilisers for example USA, Australia,New Zealand or for the usually preferred EJ 20 Turbo model.

The three pins I am most uncertain about are
B136 socket, pin number 19 (22 pins in total on that plug, number 22 being the one lowest down on the left of that socket as you look at the ECU with the sockets facing you) (pin may have something to do with diagnostic signal?)
B135 socket ( the middle socket of three in total), pins numbered 12 and 13 (16 pins in total on that plug, number 16 being the one lowest down on the left of that socket as you look at the ECU with the sockets facing you) ( Think these 2 pins may have something to do with the immobiliser)
Final socket of the three is B137 lying on the left as you look at the ECU with the sockets facing you (I think I have accounted for all the wires going to pins on this one)

Hope somebody can help solve this riddle? A link to the correct Pin out diagram for a UK market 1998MY model would be greatfully received.

Jon
Old 09 February 2015, 05:58 PM
ianbott
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Have you tried the ken gilbert site. Google it as I'm on phone so difficult to link.