Notices
Engine Management and ECU Remapping This section is to discuss the various aspects of engine management modification for your Subaru.

Ecu for my95 sti ra

Search this Thread

Old 15 December 2014, 12:02 PM
matt12
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ecu for my95 sti ra

Would I gain much getting hold of a second hand ecu like Alcatek etc, I'm not changing to much on my car as I want to keep it pretty original, it already has a decat 3" from turbo and k&n panel filter and won't be changing much else,

Obviously a few more horses wouldn't go a miss but would the cost outweigh the gains

Regards
Old 15 December 2014, 12:10 PM
ossett2k2
Scooby Regular

Received 39 Likes on 27 Posts

You may already be doing damage to your engine,having a turbo back decat without mapping is not great. 2nd hand alcatek will probably be around 400£ plus a remap@ 150-200. I would say your best option is the ESL Board which has most of the features of the alcatak and retains the self diagnostics. Esl is around 550£ fitted and mapped

Or if you fancy a bit of DIY mapping then the ESL is £295+ vat

Last edited by ossett2k2; 15 December 2014 at 12:12 PM. Reason: More info
Old 15 December 2014, 03:25 PM
matt12
Scooby Regular

Yes I agree with you, don't think the car has had the full decat for all that long hence me asking the question, to be fair it runs spot on but will be something I look into doing soon, it's just a decision of which to go for, I'm not really keen for all this anti lag etc, just want it to run well and if I get a bit more umphh then all the better😃
Old 15 December 2014, 03:46 PM
ossett2k2
Scooby Regular

Received 39 Likes on 27 Posts

I'm the same mate,I'm going for the ESL after Xmas and intend on self mapping. I have looked into it and it looks to be the best value for money. If you are looking for a pro to map yours then I think Duncan from race dynamics gets some good reviews from people in South Wales. If you look on the enduring solutions site he has a list of mappers. Duncan was the cheapest I could see at 525£ fitted and mapped. Of corse there are other options for you if you don't choose ESL. Hope it all works out well for you mate and keep us posted as I would like to know what results you get from the ecu you choose.
Old 15 December 2014, 04:16 PM
matt12
Scooby Regular

Ok cool, cheers for the advice, will look into it tonight